Hemi's fuel converting machine

Hemi

well today had some spare time up my sleeve, so i went about making that air bypass block i was talking about . i was going to take pics but im sure you all know what a ring looks like :lol:

i then fitten it to the end of the flametube and mashed it into the combustor.

then i tried it

SUCCESS! the flame is much much more blue i tried to get a pic but the camera only pics up the bright spots and makes it look all orange.

With this new flame i notice immediatly that it was a fuckload more hot and also the air was getting impressively far out the end of the unit (compared to just the vacuum) . im still not 100% happy but i think its going to be good enough to close down the end of the combustor this should restrict the air further and promote better combustion .

oh and the end of the cumbustor ended up getting just about white hot :|

had a video but again the camera does not pic up the flame all that well so i can be bothered posting it .

2012-05-09_16-57-32_827.jpg

2012-05-09_16-58-04_672.jpg

Oh and for refrence i got the temp gun out again and the endplates were up at 400c :| the whole end of the unit was smoking and a rag under the vice ended up smoldering from the radiant heat :| . fuck i cant wait for this thing to come together

tomorrow im gonna start reducing the cylinder down tomorrow and make a flange .

fuck yeah jakes on a 1uz . jakes @ 5000rpm??

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

RIIGHHT more progress , had more sapre time today so started by moving the injector to the center of the combustor . i then made a new injector that was alot shorter so the lpg had more time to spread to the sparkplug .

this is a pic of the ring that i was talking about

2012-05-10_16-00-08_53.jpg

here is the injector

2012-05-11_16-44-21_792.jpg

2012-05-11_16-44-29_78.jpg

and the old one vs new

2012-05-11_16-44-52_867.jpg

i then started making a reducer for the end to mount the flange for the turbo . its rough yeah but i didnt measure it and i cant be bothered taking years making everything perfect when its a prototype

2012-05-11_15-24-00_265.jpg

2012-05-11_15-24-06_890.jpg

cut down and cleaned up ready to use

2012-05-11_16-21-43_234.jpg

and a video bit short but yeah you get the point. the end is where the turbo will be, so when its on i wont want those flames coming out the end.

no prancing sorry but a sneaky look to the camera will do :lol:

L0E_xWbU2gs

AdddCetR12Q