0R10N

• Replies 379
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I totally heard you say that too!.

ps...HAI VINCE!!!

Hows the short skirt and fishnets going?

Have you figured out how to shave ur legs without getting that nasty razor burn?

Skirt and meshies... could almost be car related :P as for legs... nah gave up shaving them and took to shaving my head instead... it is marvelous/shiny

And my legs are loooooong, I'm certain i would look spectacular in a skirt lol

If the roof was going to be lined the nogs would have to be alot closer together then that.

The max is 600mm centres currently. 450mm if your using 10mm GIB board.

I would say that nogging is just for strength reasons. Normally the ceiling battens would hold the bottom chord's straight.

Also the trusses them selves apear to be 1800mm apart instead of the normal 900mm max

Anndd. Looks like the shed isn't going to have purlins. the nogging you can just see between the top chord's of the trusses is for the colorsteel to screw to.

Im talking about the top chord purlins being nogged in and not just sitting on top. The strength would be no different but nogging would take a million more hours for the builder. The only reason i can think of is that they would sit to high if they were on top and interfered with the height-to-boundary

Agree it is odd, makes a hour ish job a full days job. keeps roofs profile down i guess? Doesnt matter I dont think just more work for builder.

Looking good so far mate :)

May not paint the floor but roll lino instead for max haggard spec. bonus points if I can find some ghastly brown '70s offcuts or similar :mrgreen:

Steve - no plumbing allowed due to local council bylaws. However there is a grey area surrounding the retention tank runoff system, I can apparently plumb a tap into that and have a sneaky outdoor sink if needed.

Did just have the idea of running a garden hose between house and shed, plugged into the side and then running to a tap, but then I remembered you need drainage.

But then I remembered the drain at the shitau, and problem was solved.

So after the shed is finished, plug in a sink with the water inlet on the side, run a hose from A to B, then shove a drainhole out the back wall onto the lawn.

Getting home late at nite after 13 hours at werk is not conducive to taking end-of-day progress shots (this is the morning of Day 23).

Eaves are installed and so are the cutouts for the windows. These should be in by the end of the week hopefully. Then comes drainage and electrical and some tidying up of the cladding.

6726652881_0f32b218a4_b.jpg

Aye. Wanting bars across the windows, suitable tilt door security and some form of notification based alarm system. But end of the day don't really want to Fort Knox the place up too much as I'll be driving the daily in and out of it errday.

chaining the cars down might be a thing also, provided it's not too much hassle.

probably get someone in to do the bars, and figure the rest out with some help from OSGC.

Chemset = boss. Wont be what they are glueing buildings together with in Chrchr tho, that will likely be some sort of crack injection polyurathane resin, at least thats what they are using on some of the Welly Earthquake sites.

Gaz