Spennos Buick Estate

KKtrips

Yea no way am I using metal ready inside my car, that shit sits in seams and if moisture ever gets there will promote rust, seen if first hand.

I bare metaled the floor then hit it with 80 grit, the POR stuck well its just that you could peel it up where the sika was?. Anyway never again

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yea no way am I using metal ready inside my car, that shit sits in seams and if moisture ever gets there will promote rust, seen if first hand.

I bare metaled the floor then hit it with 80 grit, the POR stuck well its just that you could peel it up where the sika was?. Anyway never again

I'd never buy it again. It's extremely expensive ($100 a litre) and the reputation is not deserved.

Yea well I used to think the same but it wont stick at all spraying it into up prepped cavities, better off sparying some deodex etc rust converter primer then coating it in a cavity wax/sealant. Digging the Wurth stuff at the moment, sticks real well to unprepped surfaces and stays stuck would oulast POR 15 all day

Get some industrial 2K urethane for the floor man, epoxy primer first, with the right system you can spary wet on wet no extra sanding or masking just let the epoxy flash and hit it with the top coat. Im getting some in flat black for all the engine bay stuff and floor, 4L for $136 including 2L of hardener, sets rock hard like POR and wont ever react with shit or peel off (as you can tell I am now a hater)

• 2 months later...

Shit son - you are really tearing into this - and doing it whilst holding up a busy job and no doubt busy social life..

Top marks budd - If it was me I would have started rushing shit or given up by now..

Can't wait to cruise to Bathist with a Voie Bea in my mitt and my head out the window...

• 1 month later...

Gidday Speeno.

I have just joined old school and also have a 1970 Buick wagon, although mine is the little brother Sportwagon.

I have come accross this workshop manual in the web and thought it may help you out.

http://www.teambuick.com/reference/library/71_chassis/

Im looking forward to seeing some paint on your wagon. Keep up the good work.

• 1 month later...

Just text Speeno. Sounds like it's all come together sweet. It's running strong and they made it down without any issues. I guess he'll chuck up the last couple of weeks/months updates once he gets back to Brissy (and recovers).

Wagon Wagon

Yea big thanks go out to everyone who helped, KY, D, Sam & Phill for all the work to put it together, that shit was pretty draining. KK for driving us over the Blue Mountains from Penrith after we drove all night to get to Sydney (left Brisbane at 7.30pm) . Then KY for piloting us home from Bathurst all in one go on the way home

Nice Holden maaaaaaaaayte.....

Fucking huge high fives for this and getting it all sorted for last weekend.

I can now say that I have consumed VBs and had singalongs to Tears For Fears in the back of this now. Well done sir.