Spennos Buick Estate

KKtrips

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The guy who put that roof used to install dealership 'special' vinyl roofs, usually went on cars with hail damage. Or if a dealer couldn't sell a Torana or something they would bang a vinyl roof on it and some pin stripe stickers, call it a special version and watch it fly off the yard lol.

Had to do the hardened grease cleanup on my seats too. Don't think any old yank tank gets away with it. Cool mechanisms though for old school engineering. No wonder the cars are heavy.

I see your fan shroud is split too, another common yank issue. I used some fancy airplane 2 pot rain to fix mine. Holds sweet just have to clean up the excess.

does the Buick have much vacuum operated stuff? I have vacuum climate control, power locks, cruise control etc. mission to sort as all the lines are perished.

also in the process of rebuilding relays

Yea that fan shroud is toast, was when I got the car, I am going to fibreglass it up from the inside then bog and paint, I am actually going to hide a big electric fan inside the factory shroud. A new shroud is $200US which is a bit rich for me.

Yea have a couple things running off vacuum, climate control and the cruise control. My lines are pretty good so will be going back in for the climate control, I will be going electric for the cruise control just to tidy things up and have it behave properly. My power locks are electric and have the hugest solenoids ever, they are on the list of things to get going over the next few months, glad the aren't vacuum!

Yep good fan shrouds are like hens teeth. Hence why I fixed mine also.

any reason on electric fan, most time I hear they aren't as good as the engine driven with a good clutch.

love my vacuum locks, as the all drop one after the other.

you've done a sweet job on the Buick. Was the dash a mission and heavy bitch to get out. I got stuck under mine when it dropped on me. Had to call for help, haha

• Like 1

Sweet wagon bro.. love that variable vane impeller, I wonder why ford never employed this method and waited for the 80s AOD till they even got a lockup converter

would be nice to go from a 22 stall to a 35 at the flick of a switch..

Sweet wagon bro.. love that variable vane impeller, I wonder why ford never employed this method and waited for the 80s AOD till they even got a lockup converter

would be nice to go from a 22 stall to a 35 at the flick of a switch..

Only Buick Olds and Caddy used the variable pitch I am pretty sure, used in the T400 and ST300 it was a hangover from a similar design in the old Buick transmissions I think. Only ran for about 3 years and it was decided it was too expensive to produce, hence why no other manufacturer bothered. It pretty cool though, going to eventually slap a gear vendors overdrive on it and will have a pretty sweet trans setup.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Ok finally found the permissions to view attachments hidden away, these all should be fine now.

Oh and flying brick that braided loom is just from ebay, its real cheap. You can get more expensive stuff that is properly flame proof, but this stuff doesn't go up in flames easily so will do the job.