Spennos Buick Estate

KKtrips

My cars a bit shiny to roll with a hay bail but keen as.

I will give the headlining a go man, got the proper contact adhesive from the geezer who did my roof and he gave me some advice, dont think its that hard on these, hard part is taking your time to get it wrinkle free.

• Like 1

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Holes were already there so the vinyl was basically keeping the water out, I had to do it eventually, just smashed a screw driver through the hole and trimmed it. I may try get some grub screws in the retarded pitch those screws are so I can roll sans racks as I have grown fond of it this way.

Oh someone asked about the electric fans as well, yes usually its hard to beat the mechanical fan but I don't know if I trust my thermostatic clutch or the cheap one I have as a replacement. My block is 40 thou over and is close to the accepted limits of thickness on the pin side of number 6 (common casting walk problem) this means it gets hot quick. Never had troubles with overheating and it has never really gone over 200F even in traffic. But with the 2 stage Taurus electric fans I know I can pull the rated 4000+ cfm at idle on a blistering hot day with the AC blazing. The switch setup for them will kick in at something like 90 & 100 degrees C and most people indicate they never get onto the high fan. Engine sounds better without a giant heaving fan also  :)

• Like 1

Yea did this with the front window in as it has trims around the front headliner, made life easier! I have a few more wrinkles after a few days of settling in the cold shed, the tack stips down the side have slackened off a bit I think, they are a real pain to get right. Would love to yarn to the guy who installed thousands of these in the factory for some pro tips. Anyway I have thought steamer to remove/relieve wrinkles, could be worth a go chucking the kettle in there to get it better, have also heard they usually settle down a bit after a few heat cycles in hot days.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 10 months later...

You can't have it! 

Hemi its a Bunch of things but basically the motors are all OK. I think they are poorly earthed because of the new paint and badly aligned with the shitty foam runners are old and shit and have maximum friction. Think the problem is the speedo itself, I have a spare though, dash will come out to fix up the AC vents (needed some odd sized flexy tubing to plumb them up) and ill sort that shit. 

• Like 1

• 5 months later...