Snoozin's Mk.II Triumph Mk.II

kyteler

Hah not sure about a battle but if you're keen to get out and shoot some pics sometime then sing out :D

Haha, true. I would probably lose in a battle anyways but an OS car photo shoot day could be pretty cool. Everyone just bring their cars and we photograph the crap out of them.

• Replies 262
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

One thing I hate tho, the green rocker cover! But each to their own, my whole car is an even worse shade of green so I should just fuck off

Hey Richie

What colour is that green called? Thinking of a colour change on my wheels :mrgreen:

Damien

It was a mistint of a V green I think... the paint shop had it in their cans of fuckups.

Hah not sure about a battle but if you're keen to get out and shoot some pics sometime then sing out :D

Haha, true. I would probably lose in a battle anyways but an OS car photo shoot day could be pretty cool. Everyone just bring their cars and we photograph the crap out of them.

That sounds like a BRILLIANT idea!

What paint shop was that? Not in Auckland I suppose?

+1 for photoshoot day, except my cars are too rough. =(

When you get that manual conversion done, next thing should be the exhaust. Something shiny (current peashooter is missing the shine factor), possibly Triumph Stag style. Then when Joe Public sees you driving round in that and hears the manual straight 6, he'll go home and hit the drink cos he's wasted his life driving newschool econoboxes out of fear.

....."Then when Joe Public sees you driving round in that and hears the manual straight 6, he'll go home and hit the drink cos he's wasted his life driving newschool econoboxes out of fear".

So true. People wasting their one given life driving souless, shitty, modern cars because of the fear an older car may breakdown or something. Or the her indoors saying "ewww, but its old, it hasn't got air conditioning, it hasn't got powersteering, it smells of petrol, you see me in one of them- what would my friends think!.."

^ Cheers mate, I was lookign at some photos I shot about 3-4 years back and I'm pleased to say I notice a huge difference in what I'm doing.

....."Then when Joe Public sees you driving round in that and hears the manual straight 6, he'll go home and hit the drink cos he's wasted his life driving newschool econoboxes out of fear".

So true. People wasting their one given life driving souless, shitty, modern cars because of the fear an older car may breakdown or something. Or the her indoors saying "ewww, but its old, it hasn't got air conditioning, it hasn't got powersteering, it smells of petrol, you see me in one of them- what would my friends think!.."

The one that confounds me the most, is when people breathe a sigh of disbelief when you say you're going to undertake a 1000km plus trip in said old car. For some reason the general populace believes old cars aren't capable of this. I guess people walked these distances back in the 50s'-60's-70's and left the cars at home? I've always figured that if a car is still on the road after 30 plus years, it's gotta be capable of doing damn near anything.

Sweet as. Oh oi, maybe its just me but theres this house near mine that has the prefect driveway/overhanging tree/garage door that in the right lighting i reakon would make sweet photo shot.

Shall find maps pic and show ya / go door knocking.

^ Cheers mate, I was lookign at some photos I shot about 3-4 years back and I'm pleased to say I notice a huge difference in what I'm doing.

The one that confounds me the most, is when people breathe a sigh of disbelief when you say you're going to undertake a 1000km plus trip in said old car. For some reason the general populace believes old cars aren't capable of this. I guess people walked these distances back in the 50s'-60's-70's and left the cars at home? I've always figured that if a car is still on the road after 30 plus years, it's gotta be capable of doing damn near anything.

this.

All the while, looking so remarkably choice.

I daily a modern nowadays, though. I feel my old girls have done enough in their years which number mine greatly, to have earnt their keep. Old cars always need more love which I don't like getting away on me, however, I wouldn't hesitate to drive all over the country in any of my cars. 1000km to a 30 year old car is nothing. 1000km in an 80 year old car should even be attainable, albeit at a lower average speed, though. People that pussyfoot their classics along fucks me off. They were designed to sit on 60mph all day everyday. not putt along at 40mph on the open road.

That very thing infuriated me when I caught an episode of AUS Top Gear, they took an HQ/Z an XA/B/C and a KE20 on a long drive into the outback and kept fucking rabbiting on that the cars weren't designed to travel long distances. What a load of fucking tripe! Distances haven't fucking changed, the cars of gotten wussier and the roads smoother! If anything a 70's car should glide like a cloud for twice as far as it used to in it's heyday.

^ all this plus how people just cant stand being behind an old car on the road no matter how fast its going! I could be sitting on 110 and still get passed only for the passing car to slow back down. Its as if most people think they must be going slower because there is an old car in front of them?

• 2 weeks later...