Snoozin's Mk.II Triumph Mk.II

kyteler

You could certainly Get Rich 2 That.

indeed Ky :lol: .those appear to be the same as the 15x8s i tried on my cortina,have to say they look better at 8 inches wide than 7s,and do agree they dont really suit the triumph,widened steels ftw 8)

• Replies 262
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

bah, this makes me realise how badly mine needs new shoes. will be polishing every night this week I think haha.

also hurry up and sell it lol, then I can take over reign as "that red trump on oldschool" haha

Ew gtfo with your metric system... this shit is 4x4.5"

Selling isn't going so well so the manual conversion and rowdy exhaust plans are progressing. Yours can be the poster child for "red Trump on OS" since it's showroom mint compared to my bucket.

crustywhip - Rolling in the rain, what? (wat!?) You lost me.

hah sorry yes, 4x4.5.

speaking of mint, was at southwards car museum in the weekend, had a lol cause the one inside the museum was shittier than mine parked outside in the rain. felt quite chuffed.

have you got all your bits sorted for the conversion?

90% of them.

Need a speedo cable, pedal box and driveshaft and it's good to go/we hope. Off to Tauranga to see a joker with a reputed 120 + Trumps loitering in a paddock so if I don't come up successful then I'm screwed :P

Will still need to machine flywheel, rekit clutch cylinders, fit new UJ's into the driveshaft purely as a means of eliminating potential grief. Also get a hard line bent up for the clutch instead of the problematic plastic hoses they use.

Would like to have it done for 1vaknd trackday weekend. If I can borrow some good tyres and rims for it then I might even slap it on the track if spots are available. Then I'll likely die, possibly in flames.

I hope so. The guys on the UK Trump club forum seem to think it's a pretty straightforward swap... so fingers crossed the gearbox is a goodun.

Also give me your swaybar. That's another thing I'd like to throw at it too, although it wouldn't be quite so LOL inducing as it currently is.

im thinking of whacking one of the 3? mufflers out to try give it a bit more bark, its just so damn quiet. being auto, dont want anything loud loud, just so you can actually hear that 6 cylinder goodness.

I'm going to see how removing both center mufflers goes... they take up valuable ground clearance as they have a tendency to make friends with the driveshaft once car is low, and you try negotiating speedhumps and tricky driveways.

Part of me wants a sidepipe though. Probably the same part of me that's visibly giggling in that gymkhana photo Avenga took.

I can't believe you'd be thinking of selling this fine vehicle. I was two seconds off jumping on the KP when you offered that up a few years ago.

Power steering is definitely key in these, a mate had one as his first car a manual 2500TC, parallel parking was a prick when I was a weedy 15 yo. Induction noise was sooooo sweet, especially compared to my hondamatic Accord :colors:

• 3 weeks later...