Snoozin's Mk.II Triumph Mk.II

kyteler

• Replies 262
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

richie, picked up those trump bits off rxsumo today.

front bumper is pre-facelift, super straight but has an area of surface rust on it. yours if you want it.

also have all window glass, and a windscreen (duno if front or back), what looks liek all winder runnuers/winderd, and a heap random dash/behind dash shit if theres anything you want?

• 2 weeks later...

Appco man, part # GU500, GMB brand. GU500L is one without a grease nipple.

Do not get the Ceta branded ones from BNT, they're ultra shit. Had some in my brothers KE20 and the bore for the grease was drilled off center, so it broke fairly smartly.

I'll be doing my halfshafts in due course too, let me know how it goes.

Yeah, they're not tricky to find - it's all pretty standard sized stuff. Much like the clutch as I found out... the pressure plate and clutch plate are shared by about 5 million different types of vehicles from the era. According to the very chatty man at Autoclutch.

No probs, thanks for asking for me... I'll track one down.

Sorted the threads on Saturday morning, now it's all driveable and sweet again. The captive threads holding in the seat were rooted, at some stage someone had mashed the bolts in at an angle and caused all sorts of chaos. But thanks again!

Also, ARP flywheel bolts showed up this morning courtesy of Dell'orto/Brad so that's one less thing to worry about. They're moderately shorter (approx 3mm) than the Triumph ones however - hopefully this won't pose a problem if correctly torqued?

Trump life is good.

Often there's a difference in length between manual flywheel bolts and auto ones, I can't recall which way around that length factor works, it might be that the auto ones are generally shorter though.

I've only ever re-used flywheel bolts personally. Never had a problemo.

hmm 3mm. when you go to install the thing you should measure what engagement they are going to have in the crank should be at least 1 diameter of the bolt, ideally 1.5d.

yeah I would tend to think auto bolts would more likely be shorter as flexplates are usually thinner than flywheels.

• 2 weeks later...