Snoozin's Mk.II Triumph Mk.II

kyteler

Shit yeah... I bought some parts of that guy, it's taken out to 2.7l, has triple sidedrafts, BMW diff with CV conversion, coilovers and shit... it's making some awesome power, the guy showed me a dyno sheet in the 150kw atw region.

• Replies 262
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Super sweet. You probably will get hooked. I got hooked after an extremely brief stint in a strangers 2500S at Oldschool Nats 2007. Just some random old guy who was playing petanque near where we were having our parkup/lineup in the middle of Taupo. Fully sweet. It's all his fault....

Even Leon was enamoured by the Trump when he shifted it all of about 30m at Nats this year.

Beware.

Not completely. It is better, I got the driveshaft balanced mostly because it was an unknown quantity (2nd hand) and didn't want to take a chance with it being possibly bent.

I can live with it now though.

The overdrive switch is just such an awesome novelty too. Also looks like output shaft seal on the gearbox is weeping. So after bike summit I'll throw a new one of those in there too.

The overdrive switch is just such an awesome novelty too. Also looks like output shaft seal on the gearbox is weeping. So after bike summit I'll throw a new one of those in there too.

So how does it work when your driving? Is it like just getting an extra higher gear but without having to use the clutch? So keen to give one a burn.

Split shifting with hi/low range in subby is awesome. Pretend I'm in a truck/make big diesel turbo noises.

Hah shit.

May give it a shot next time I'm under the car - simple as to do, just remove the inhibitor switch from the occasion. Apparently if you do this, it pays to be careful when selecting overdrive in 1st and 2nd while under load as the OD units aren't totally keen on the higher torque being transmitted in the lower gears.

All you do is flick the switch, no need to use clutch... it just engages the overdrive with a feel similar to an auto shifting gears.

Either way. I am so so so rapt with it.

Beaver - there is now a complete parts list and step by step write up so you can do yours :D It's totally worthwhile.

Project total has now hit $3236 however which is more than I anticipated spending... does include a replacement auto for when that shit itself though.