Jump to content


  • Content Count

  • Joined

  • Last visited

Community Reputation

1,368 Excellent

About Avenga

  • Rank
    Post Fiend
  • Birthday 13/12/1978


  • Local Area

Recent Profile Visitors

The recent visitors block is disabled and is not being shown to other users.

  1. I have a wedding to go to on the 5th of February so I'll be leaving a day later and coming down on Saturday the 6th of February
  2. Cool! I've booked in leave for the 5th to the 9th!! see you all there!!
  3. I’m going to lock in my annual leave from work. What days are most of you going down for?
  4. Thanks for everyone’s help! I have found another windscreen in Christchurch. Made the 5 hour drive. Pouring rain through the Arthur’s Pass! We are freezing but we made it to Christchurch safely. Getting the new windscreen installed tomorrow
  5. For wedding 1 my Charger might fit the bill For wedding 2, would any of my Avengers suit? Their not rotary but the wagon has a V8
  6. +1 for bespoke auto glass. They have done all the windows on both my Avengers and my Charger
  7. I use those Aerocatch bonnet pins on both of my Avengers. I painted them body Colour so you can’t hardly see them. The bonnet pins are listed on the cert plate on both of my cars, but I’m not sure if the cert is needed or not.
  8. Haha, Yeah, especially because they don't expecting it when you line up, they think it's just some old slow Avenger wagon with a 1600 I recorded some more video of the track stuff. That was really fun, we did the normal track one layout, and then we did the track 3 reverse, which was really fun because I have never done that configuration. Yeah, That poor Type R, didn't really stand a chance, the poor guy!! I'm pretty sure I could hear the screams from the V8 driver trailing off in to the distance It was really fun races, against all of the big V8's it was pretty close. I r
  9. Really fun weekend at the Kaspa Transmissions CAR-nival. It's a 3 day track meet with cruising, drags, drift, burnouts and racing. The drag racing was super fun. The car was hooking up perfectly and I managed to win the drag racing tournament in the Naturally Aspirated class!! I was up against some tough competition in the form of a 300KW Holden Commodore, and 396ci big block Holden Premier and another big block HQ Holden. I also went up against a 323, Intgra Type R and an RX7 but that wasn't really a fair fight. I was quite surprised that I managed to beat the big block chevs, I guess it
  10. An exciting update this time! My wagon was featured in this months NZ Performance Car Magazine (Issue 271). Definitely one ticked off the bucket list, I never thought I would have one of my cars featured in a magazine, so this is super exciting. It's a really great 7 page article, it's out in stores now so pick up a copy if you get a chance, well worth the read Back to upgrades on the wagon. Finally got my custom carpets installed. I brought a standard set of Avenger carpets from Autodec, then got them modified and installed by Supertrim. It makes it look
  11. The bolt shop in Auckland http://boltshop.co.nz/
  12. There is something funny going on with the cert info though, Both of my Avengers have had engine swaps 1300 to 1500 and 1600 to 3968, and they both show up in the database with the new engine size. But then I know of 2 Rover V8 rally cars, and I'm pretty sure at least 1 of them is certed, and they don't show up, they still show as 1600's. So I'm not sure if the cert info only shows up if it was certed after a certain date or something.
  13. Thanks. I agree. I think it's the perfect balance of tough and sleeper, any bigger and it wouldn't look sleeper, but any smaller then it wouldn't look tough. I got the data from the "New Zealand vehicle fleet open data sets" https://www.nzta.govt.nz/resources/new-zealand-motor-vehicle-register-statistics/new-zealand-vehicle-fleet-open-data-sets/ It's a spreadsheet that they update each month of currently registered cars (including rego on hold), and you can download the spreadsheets and search. They have one big file for pre-1990 and then a separate file for each year after that. Bas
  • Create New...