engine conversion possibilities for an '80 falcon xf ute.

samii

looking at doing a conversion into something a bit different in an xf ute, just about to start my apprenticeship now and wanna use my ute as a project until i finish my apprenticeship.

i've been thinking about going sr or rb20de/t? and just run full nissan brakes and suspension setup also? not too keen on a v8 as although it's cool, it's fairly common. just want something new and a bit different.

any ideas appreciate it, thanks.

looking at doing a conversion into something a bit different in an xf ute, just about to start my apprenticeship now and wanna use my ute as a project until i finish my apprenticeship.

i've been thinking about going sr or rb20de/t? and just run full nissan brakes and suspension setup also? not too keen on a v8 as although it's cool, it's fairly common. just want something new and a bit different.

any ideas appreciate it, thanks.

Whats your budget ?

How much of it can you do yourself ?

What do you want to achieve once its finished ?

1hdt out of vx cruiser. 4.2 litres of turbo diesel straight 6 goodness.

no way

they weigh 500kg! even the falcon motors aren't close to that.

my vote:

Get a 4.0 SOHC engine with the variable inlet runners out of an EF?, EL or AU XR6, a programmable ECU, upgrade the fuel system, injectors etc. and chuck a truck turbo on it with a suitably large blingtercooler.

td42+t . that my answer to everything . that or a 6.x litre cummins out of a dodge ram with the jakie kit .

done

remove aneriod cap vacuum line wind the shit out of the pump and have dump pipe pointing upwards stright out bonnet to just above the cab line . striaight cut .

xr6 turbo

2/1jz

sohc 4.0 falc

2.0 where 4.1 used to live = fail

you need something with a bit of torque to get an old lump like a falcon moving. a rb or sr may make more power overall than an old taxi 4.1, but it would be horrible to drive- you would have to give it death to get some boost happening/get the ute moving

how fast you wanna go? what are you going to use it for?