mini mafia's Mazda Capella

kyteler

Steelies did exactly the same thing on his and was failed at cert..

Not sure if the reason it was failed was because it had one exhaust exit and one "leak" (albeit a manufactured "leak") or if it was because the exhaust exited under the vehicle rather than outside the perimeter

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If they are both at the exterior of the car or whatever the rule is I can't see it being a problem - no different to a twin exhaust tip really, just one of the tips happens to face down - in which case its no different to the "dumpy" style mufflers which are legal afaik as long as its at the exterior or whatever.

:D = trims on wide steels.

Will match the ones on the tow car now to;)

P6270997.jpg

In Manu's case he wanted it to look like it was a functioning pipe with smoke coming out of it rather than from under the car

Same here,if it fails cert on that its got a V-band clamp right on the back of the muffler and ive got another

straight pipe that i made to go in its place but it shouldnt be to hard to add another muffler if need be.

This car is wicked! I just re-checked the thread updates and fuck that turbo is huge- makes the little old garret going onto my Viva's 12A look tiny!!

When we recently put our van through its wof they one of the failures was the exhaust not ending beyond the body work... but I have seen loads of dumpys ending under the car. I guess its where you go for the test!

This car is wicked! I just re-checked the thread updates and fuck that turbo is huge- makes the little old garret going onto my Viva's 12A look tiny!!

When we recently put our van through its wof they one of the failures was the exhaust not ending beyond the body work... but I have seen loads of dumpys ending under the car. I guess its where you go for the test!

Thanks bro,I just hope it starts to spool up befor it gets to close to the red line and i have to change gear haha

The exhaust is easy to change,il be very happy if thats all they fail it on when it comes time to go for cert...

But yea, dreams are free 8)

Re the electric water pump. SHGWAG was talking about or is using one. Was saying that at higher rpm these waterpumps lose efficiency badly. I guess cause cavitation or something. Theres a thread somewhere about it but we were more getting into the losses involved and whether it would make much more power. :lol: Really, who cares as long as the thing doesn't overheat in any case. A 13bt will always make enough power.

Yeah the sKiD kIdZ seem to like the electric water pumps, stop cavitation and the water flowing at the same rate when they are bouncing off 13,000 rpm in second gear...

They seem to fail quite a bit though, not sure you can beat the reliability of a mechanical pump.

Thanks guys,the wheels are 13x7 or 71/2 im not sure and the tyres are 155/65/13s,took a bit to get them to pop onto the bead but nothing an air canon couldn't fix.

I was thinking electric water pump firstly just to make the radiator pipes easier as theres next to stuff all room down there and in the future when i decide I need more power i wont have to worry about upgrading the stock one/do it once do it right kinda thing.Will have to look up SHGWAG's thread and have a read.

Oh and James is like the security guard out at the shed,every time I go out there some ones moved him some were else,it gives you a bit of a shock when you see him just out the corner of your eye :lol:

• 2 months later...
Re the electric water pump. SHGWAG was talking about or is using one. Was saying that at higher rpm these waterpumps lose efficiency badly.

Anything past 7,000rpm & they try to push water faster than it will flow, "thrashing" it and causing air bubbles = not good. This is the reason why FD3S's have that annoying buzzer when you rev them out.

Looking sweet, will it be ready for summer?

Thanks guys

no tidying of engine bay needed. 8)

Shes never going to be a show car but theres just a few things like the holes from were ive drilled out some of the spot welds in the engin bay that I want to weld up and I think il do a few of the others I dont need wile im in there.

If you ever decide to get rid of those 13" RS-Watanabe's you just picked up, fire me a message ;)

I was not sure if they were real Watanabes when I bought them.They are very light and I think they may be magnesium, I showed them to mark105 when I was round at his place one day and he said I should ask you to see what kind of markings I should be looking for to identafy them. We tryed them on unky Tanks EX Lancer a few weeks back and they fit mint so il clean and paint them when I get time and then I think he's going to run them for a bit.

Looking sweet, will it be ready for summer?

I realy hope so, it is starting to get close but well see 8)

Also big thanks to mark105 for the water pump flange,its perfect now I just need to decide were I want to run the water hose's :rolleyes:

Thanks guys
If you ever decide to get rid of those 13" RS-Watanabe's you just picked up, fire me a message ;)

I was not sure if they were real Watanabes when I bought them.They are very light and I think they may be magnesium, I showed them to mark105 when I was round at his place one day and he said I should ask you to see what kind of markings I should be looking for to identafy them. We tryed them on unky Tanks EX Lancer a few weeks back and they fit mint so il clean and paint them when I get time and then I think he's going to run them for a bit.

Sounds like a plan re: on Tank's EX.

I wouldn't think they are Mg, even the Aluminium ones are super fucking light. Generally the Magnesium ones will have Mg cast or stamped into them somewhere. Keen to see any photos of the castings and stampings on them just for interests sake though.