kyteler

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 weeks later...

yea i just suck with computers so have to get tank to add some pics :D

ive got prity much everything i need now gerbox,clutch,flywheel even found a hilux diff but mite see how the standard one goes first.i had a knee reconstrution about three weeks back so carnt realy do much at the moment,have been getting my little sister(thanx bro :wink: ) to drive me round to pick bits up though,got my intercooler end tanks folded up getting all my manifold flanges cut out, bought some of these gauges http://www.trademe.co.nz/Members/Listin ... er=2046498 and heaps of other little bits that i hope i need :lol:

i go back to see my sergin in three more weeks so fingers crossed i can start trying to walk again after that so i can get stuck back into it and hopfully have it ready by new years

• 1 month later...

thanks i have always been told that the cosmo blocks are better so when this one came up at the right prise with only 40k on it i thought i mite as well go that way.

turbo is a masterpower t-64 . .7 front and 1.0 rear.

cheers, would probibly look even better without the sun viser and roof racks when the om's are on but i couldnt be bothered taking them all off.

i talked to noel at nostalgia motors about the copper lines,he said not to run them under the car but didnt say any thing about running them in the boot,i made up a set of steel ones as well just incase but i have copper lines running inside one of my minis and have never had any trouble with that so fingers crossed it will be sweet 8)

Yea, the intake ports on a JC are almost 50% bigger than on a s8 engine, and you cant port the s8 plate because there is a water jacket in the way.

You can see this by the 2 finger / 3 finger technique in the side of the block.

Would have gone with a JC block but that would have required new mounts & intake manifold.

Will be intersting to see how this goes, that turbo is slightly larger than mine running the same rear housing.

Nice progress on this, good to see your using a Cosmo block, flow way better than a s8 engine.

Plus the intake manifold looks awesome. Thats the main advantage.

Hardcase to see the surge tank, pump and pwr radiator and the factory motor :D

yea all that stuff make the old 1600 go hard brooo :lol:

intake manifold and lots of the other bits are all painted now also,looks heeeeeeaps better

thanks the gauges are made by Veethree i got them off this dude http://www.trademe.co.nz/Members/Listin ... er=2046498 cheep to they were only like $20-$30 each.i like the om's also but it sits a bit high with the 17's for me,wish i could find some smaller simmons to put on it but with them shutting down earlyer in the year the prises have just gone crazy.i will also be useing brass fitings and copper pipe as much as i can in the engine bay (vacume lines ect) like i did with the surge tank so hopefully it should look very classy :D