Dave's not so 4WD spec Miata from the future

karmagedon

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I wouldnt of thought 10" wide rims would be a problem on the mx5 providing the offset was right. If you had the centers cut out and repositioned, how far back would the rim go befor it fowled on anything ?

Measure = no,

when I first contacted them I asked for a 3" backspace,

I later changed this to asking for a 4"

Their email turnaround is epicly slow, so when they eventually got back to me they made the 3" backspaced ones. Knowing the turnaround etc i just left it at that.

I agree with you in that it isn't the best situation to be in, but, you learn, and I sure have. I've imported stuff both from japan and the states, and each time, you learn something about how it all works.

But hey, as has been stated, it can be remedied, and there are many options to choose from.

Now, onto solutions and awsomeness.

Does anyone have experience in hamilton or greater waikato with someone that can change the offsest , take an inch out of the rim.

Also, who in hamilton does powdercoating and how much does it cost?

Chur

Dave

So is it 100% impossible to run them as they are??

I vote you dont do anything with them until you get some tyres on them and have all 4 on with the car on the ground. Until then you dont really know what you can and cant get away with imo.

Cutting the front guards is no issue, you can always put it new ones on if it turns to shit.

I reckon go for it as is!!

hey man, glad to see you've taking this on the chin :D

i think auckland and christchurch are your only options for getting offset changed (someoone will confirm/correct me), elite wheels wheels down here in chch will do it. If you want to go through them id be happy to sort it out and sent them back up to you. fuel/phil sent some down from hamilton to get widened, so im assuming there was reason behind him going to elite and not somewhere auckland.

ive had work done by elite and although they can fuck around abit, they get the job done and done well

good luck mate, glad to see you follow this through. is going to look fucking awesome

Lush as, thanks for the suggestions. Tyres will be atleast 3 months away if I used 2nd party to import. Dont know how long it would take using Ewan,

sooo.....someone giz some 14x195/whatever so i can get them on there haha :D

I've got some sheets of aluminium lying around, so I will mock up some flares before I do anything to the wheel and see how it goes from there.