Dave's not so 4WD spec Miata from the future

karmagedon

I couldn't turn the wheel, as can be seen in one of the first photo's the wheels were tied to the flare to keep shape, and I also put that carboard at the bottom, which would have prohibited moverment.

I haven't really looked into the front of it. Mainly because I want to make each flare out of a single piece of aluminium. However, if I could incorporate some sort of attachement system it might be plausable

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If it was me i'd be mock fitting the fibreglass flares and then getting the wheels modified to have them sitting nice and flush. they might end up at 8.5 or 9'' ?

The mega flare option might sound / look cool but it's really going to reduce how useful the car will be, as mentioned earlier tyres wheelbearings etc will be a bitch.

yes am thinking rivnuts aswell. Just on how to attach them. Since Im using a single sheet I do not have any provisions for rivnuts from the top and I'm afrraid that if i apply pressure that I will end up distorting the sheet. Maybe spacers underneath??

tbh.jpg

I see nothing wrong with this.

/ Make some little wedges to fit under the alloy, against the guard.

Quote for best use of mspaint in ages

Agree re wedges, would support it sweet, just will have massive bolts through your guards according to the scale above 8)