Dave's not so 4WD spec Miata from the future

karmagedon

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think it's mostly a case of offset fail - surely most of that would be fixed with moving the centers so the offset is around the 0mm mark? You will probably have to narrow the rims to 8" up front and 9" in the rear though.

Mad guards and stretch and camber could pull that off.

Car would be un drivable though.

yeah.

basically that offset/width combo is only suitable for a tube frame racecar or something. in which case you wouldnt want steels really.

best idea is probably to sell and get some other wheels. only i guess most people wanting that spec rim would be for a 6 lug 4x4. maybe get them re drilled to 6x5.5" then flick off.

all good for giving it a go and don't give up you will get something wicked sorted eventually im sure. but I guess lesson of this story is measure twice cut heaps.

what happens if you bolt them on backwards so the outside becomes the inside?

They will hit everything. Won't even get them on the hub.

was looking for the offset post but couldn't find it so looking at the pics it looked almost bout half way so there is heaps of gap from the struts etc and if they were bolted on backwords that would be in by a couple cm thats why i asked,

yes but did you look at the wheel centers? see how they are concave, if you bolt them to your hubs the other way around, the wheel center is going to hit on the brake calipers and possibly not even sit on the hub flush at all. Not to mention the centers aren't meant to be bolted on from reverse, with the stud holes not bevelled on both sides.

IMHO You should keep them, change offset so they sit a wee bit better, then add flares etc. Who cares about 'driveability' if you like the look of them?

End of the day - your car = your choice, just don't let other people influence your decision if you've your heart set on something!

It would be like me listening to all the people who have told me not to build a death-race mobile!

am thinking sell in all honesty. I just dont trust getting wheels rewelded/ fucking around with them too much.

anyone have any experience with metal surgeon? what is their quality like?

looking at getting some of these. 15x8 at 0et

513BKR8H58R3mini.jpg

Do this, add spacers where required.

am thinking sell in all honesty. I just dont trust getting wheels rewelded/ fucking around with them too much.

anyone have any experience with metal surgeon? what is their quality like?

looking at getting some of these. 15x8 at 0et

513BKR8H58R3mini.jpg

Do this, add spacers where required.

0 offset is the perfect offset imo

see top of page dj xdubs car

http://clubroadster.net/vb_forum/showth ... 39&page=74

also correct me if im wrong but wheels and tyres must be under the guards by law?

also correct me if im wrong but wheels and tyres must be under the guards by law?

You're new to oldschool, so we'll let you off.

I was going to pull him up.

But he's technically correct now as stretch is illegal meaning his statement still holds true.