Dave's not so 4WD spec Miata from the future

karmagedon

Oh, and dial some camber in at the front. That's where you need your camber.

Edit: Roof red. SAY NO TO BLACK ROOFS!

Black roof is all G on an MX5... Keeps the soft top look.

Good stuff Dave, it looks much better now. I agree with many others, pull a lot more camber into the front (at least 2.5') and it will start to handle much better. What coilovers do you have in there now?

What are you going to use the car for? Raising the rear would be practical if you want to enjoy the twisties.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Also, the process for rolling the rear guards with a bar would be a lot easier with the rear on a higher setting - so the bar can fit. Otherwise you'll need to jack the rear to get it in there and that gets really rough.

You need one person to hold the bar and roll it across the tyre and another 2/3 people to push the car forward slowly (many hands make light work).

Ok, so steel bar between tyre and fender doesn't work.

Tyre deflects too much (also found some bog in the fender that is starting to break :S )

Tyre is rubbing on guard at the moment,

how should I go about rolling them to get them wider?

Sory I didn’t think to mention that doing this will damage the paint and any filler in surrounding areas, if its not working try using a larger peace of pipe (I use 2,1/2''steam pipe) and getting a friend or two to sit in the boot.

Some one in Hamilton used to have a bolt on guard roller, not sure who it was but it might help to get a decent push on the guards? Maybe put up a WTBorrow thread and see what pops up?

Once you roll and lip the guards, if there is any paint cracking just spray a few coats of clear up under there to seal it. I've heard clear nail polish works too, but I've never bothered trying to buy some.