Dave's not so 4WD spec Miata from the future

karmagedon

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

someone giz tyres plz?

I might be able to spare some tyres around the 185/55 mark that would be pretty lol. They are currently on wheels though, so you'd have to get them changed over etc

Actually, you only really need one. Just grab a single crappy tyre off trademe for cheap as, singles usually only go for $20 or something.

http://www.trademe.co.nz/Trade-Me-Motor ... 595250.htm this dudes got a few, in welly though

edit: oh just looked at the trademe link to make sure these are 15s. are they 14's??? weird

This is fucking stupid.... Get 2" chopped out of your wheels so the car will still handle and can get certable tyres. It will take ages to get the right curve into those flares as they need to curve in two directions. Got english wheel?

** Beer time **

It won't work when your wheels are on trademe!!!

:(

In all honesty, if I can get $800 for them ( what they are on TM for, then that will just about cover getting a new set from the states without having to mess about with changing the offset. Measure what I need first then order the wheels.

For a start, you are building flares to suit wheels with no tyres on them

with the car off the ground...

When I designed the flares I placed wood underneath the rim and lowered the car down, so it had all the weight on it as if it would have been on the ground. I though I had a picture which I could use as a comparison, however I cant seem to find it. When the camber comes into play, I lose about 1" of distance between the fender and top of the rim.

In regards to the flare bending in more than 1 direction, this is compensated for in the fact that the radii of the inner and outer are 1) different and 2) offset from one another. When you get these 2 factors in play it causes the flare to naturally bend downward or inward, depending on the amount of curve you give the outside. This gives you a flare like the one brad posted above. If that makes sense.

You need to take a good hard look at what you are trying to do man.

This, is where I am at now. The novelty has worn off and Im starting to seriously reconsider. The car will head in 1 of 2 directions from now, both of which I am happy with.

1) the wheels don't sell - I will leave them as is, and create the car more as a cruiser, wider, more boso.

2) The wheels sell - I start planning, aiming at being more of a corner, trackable vehicle.

[/essay]

Hey karmagedon if it was me i would just get the offsets changed on your rims. How much further can the rim come in towards the car befor they hit on the struts etc ? If you were to get the centers cut out how much further in can you push the rim. I think i remember you saying they have a 3" back space ? I would love to help you out and its a shame we live in different towns. The steel surgeon in Manukau could change the offsets for approx $200 Not saying this will solve all your problems but getting the offset correct is a good starting point. From there you can build your flares etc. Dont give up on the idea, stay focussed. Your car will look tits once finished.

I believe somebody gave up on Her ^ Dental work though.

Is she English?

On topic: Just get offset changed. The wheels are too tits to give up on!

It'd be like Bruce Willis giving up on a slightly retarded kid, who just happens to help him solve an international conspiracy.

Yeh Mercury Rising reference!