Orions DR30 Wedges

mikuni

well, ordinarily I would agree... but I have a certain emotional attachment to that TX3, having owned it for the last six years :shock:

yeah I'm a soft bugger at times

sent the sedan off on the back of a truck yesterday to have its ignition problems sorted out, so it should be all ready to accept the angry big power turbo when the time finally comes...

• Replies 222
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 weeks later...

http://www.tx3nz.com/img/dr30-sedan/PC200342.JPG

is that a bosch part? the later ones are all mitsi arent they? or do bosch make a drop in for the mitsi?

my ex-skyline had a dodgy idle and would stall all the time and rev and labour at idle etc. turned out to be two things : pwm idle valve stiff/sticky and bearing in CAS unit near siezed, but coming free sometimes. the result of the latter one is that the ecu thought that rpm were increasing and decreasing when they werent due to the stiff/free and freeplay being taken up and released continually...

i have a pic a lot like yours :-)

http://s50.photobucket.com/albums/f323/ ... 0_3755.jpg

it was 8mm too long and running into the clutch disk when i tried to fit the engine to the box :-)

• 3 years later...

bamp. Holy jesus, no posts in this thread since 2007.

Wondering if I should buy these for completeness' sake. Authentik Watanabe Wheel Nuts, for aura of JDM +15

But I have a funny feeling that the wheel studs on squid are M12x1.25, not 1.5 thread pitch :(

173735464_full.jpg

• 1 month later...
Who is this jammy bastard called E. Nardi, and why has he seen fit to etch his name into my steering wheel? :mrgreen:

6206723980_10a8bb7f06_z.jpg

Between this and the Wats, coupe is fast approaching cliché spec. In fact if I fitted my ADthree ducktail spoiler the trifecta would be complete. Then I can rock the brown suit, shades and a shotgun, pretending I'm Detective Chief Daimon.

OK and I'll be the s13 guy doing a time attack on wangan lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=MdiDzsvHeOo

Yuh, my driveway has a deceptively lethal upwards slope to it right at the entranceway - though most cars (including Richy's Torneo when he had it) have been able to get up it without scraping too badly. TX3 cocks a leg if I turn in at the wrong angle, haha :lol:

the real test will be the ramp into the new shed once that goes up. Garage guy sent me the exact specs but I think it's a rise of 25cm over a 1 metre run.

/dig down 250mm before laying concrete and have smooth entance into garage?

my section slopes ever so slightly, thanks to the lay of the land the only way to have all four corners of the garage above ground was to elevate 250mm :doubt: Wouldn't have been a problem if it was a quarter or even half the area!

The garage company assures me the ramp should be fine for cars moving under their own power though, so we'll see. Not sure what'll happen if I have to push anything in and out of there (e.g. my track car)

a few months ago I found some Crimson Linea Sport Fins under a pile of BFMR parts in the lockup, similar style to the Weds Professors that are currently on banana. I'd bought them for cheap off trademe then left them in a dark corner and forgot all about their existence! Between these, the Star Warses, and the two factory DR30 rim styles it looks like squid is pretty spoilt for choice, so there's honestly no need to go trawling YAJ anymore for wheels.

sample pic below, mine are plain flat silver with black centres. They need to be refurbished though. Some love them and others absolutely hate them, haha.

P1010092_l.JPG

In fact, the exact same wheels that are on this bad boy:

181175917_full.jpg

Richy - refitment of the Star Wars will depend entirely on whether I can find decent 195/60R15 or 195/55R15 rubber for them, as that's the best size of tyre that won't scrape on the rear guards. Both 225/50 and 215/60 have scraped pretty badly in the past. the latter more so because they were haggard balloon spec.

then there's refurbishing to consider... but since I'll need to clean up the Linea Sports anyway the point is rather moot.

I should really try and get squid running/warranted/registered for Nizfest, then we can drive both DR30s down to Hampton.

Shit son, the more photos of sedans I find with epic maximum slamtime, the keener I am to finish this monster once and for all.

p2.jpg

p3.jpg

win?