Orions DR30 Wedges

mikuni

Guest Orion

Yeah I'm going to drop the belts and see what happens, but I'm inclined to think that if it's making the same noise as squid it's likely to be a similar if not identical problem.

I'm not discounting anyone's expertise on the subject but I guess you have to have been in my situation to be able to make this sort of deduction.

Here is an old Youtube video of squid with the oil pump whine - it may be a bit difficult to hear as it's an in-car video with shit sound and lots of background noise. It's most prevalent between 0:11 - 0:23 and again at 0:42 - 0:50.

• Replies 222
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Maru-So

I had a similar issue when i reassembled my bmw turned out i had left off a bracket for which the mounting bolt penetrated into the intake system. Check for a vacuum leak around the intake system.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Orion

Where do you go to find the condition of the A/C system? I'm about to re fit a setup in my wagon...

Sheepers recommended Kevin at Alert Auto Air in Devonport. Have taken my MR2 and Rx-7 to him and got them both checked and re-gassed successfully.

The coupe may be a different story though, as the compressor's no longer engaging when you press the switch. I put 12V across it, and it started up fine, and there's still some gas left in the system, so the theory is that it's just fallen below a 'safe' level for the compressor to engage.

Guest kyteler

Yea-yuh, semi slicks on watanabes!

You said yourself that the dash wiring was temperamental on these things. Mine was doing all kinds of weird shit leading up to the trip yet on the trip has been ok so far.

Wiggle some plugs?

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Who repaired your speakers? I have some kenwood ones that need the same attention

Axent Audio in New Lynn (Auckland). Expect to pay anywhere from $50-$150 depending on labour and whether parts/materials are still available off the shelf.

• 1 year later...

Cheers! Stuff like that pops up regularly enough that trawling Yahoo more than once a fortnight becomes dangerous :)

In fact, when I was looking for window motors last night I found a mint driver's seat that will probably cost less to buy and ship than re-upholstering and fixing the bolsters on mine...

Anyway, I started the car the other day and confirmed it still runs, albeit very rich and misfire-y. Should be able to nurse it down to Autoworks' hoist one weekend so we can start pulling apart the rear end to diagnose and fix that strange camber/toe problem.

Nah, it's a combination of crappy leads and coil from 1983, colder Iridiums, 256 deg cams and a huge fuel pump all struggling to run on the stock ECU, haha.

I would like another dizzy to pull apart and rewire as CAS to run the Link G4 with. I'd modify the one in there now, but I like having spares (and the ability to keep driving the car if I need to) :P

Yeah, the standard FJ dizzy has the optical sensor already in the housing, so you blank off the reluctor/cap section and rewire the output to match the Link inputs. I don't think there is any mechanical or vacuum advance garbage to lock either.

Not sure if SR or CA dizzy could be adapted, haven't actually seen much info relating to that.

Aim is for 400PS at the rear wheels on the GT3071R at 1.5 bar, but I would be happy with any number between 300 and 400 to be honest.

I have a mate with a 380PS at wheels R33 that constantly eggs me on to get this done!