Orions DR30 Wedges

mikuni

Awesome man. Always had a real soft spot for DR30's since I realised they came equipt with the mighty FJ20ET :twisted: Such nice looking cars, and brutal aswell.

Just querying something you said, why did you have to check the calibre of the cars on the site before you posted your own?

• Replies 222
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Churs all round for the comments folks :D

As for the Yahoo Japan thing, it deserves a thread of its own really. The biggest problem with my mate extending the 'business' to cover more people is the whole issue with bidding. Basically he'd have to work out a system whereby the interested buyer specifies a top bid, pre-pays that amount to him plus commission, then if the auction is won shipping is added on top of that which you're then required to pay. In my experience the best way to do it is to specify your max bid and be prepared to pay up to 20% extra on top of that amount in case some cunt shills you at teh last second.

IMO there's still a bunch of "what ifs" to sort out, and let's not even think about how messy it can get if a bidding war breaks out :shock: Give it a few months I reckon, maybe I'll sit down and hammer out some ideas with him one night, or one of you guys might even come up with a mint ordering process or something!

but if anyone is honest-to-god serious dead keen on a specific item or set of items off YAJ, I may be able to pull some strings on your behalf to get a one-off order done... a deposit will be required of course, and certain things can't be shipped so might pay to check first.

Otherwise we could form a club account with a middleman service e.g. http://www.rinkya.com but it again ends up boiling down to one person with one credit card doing the bidding, handling all the money transfers and shipping etc.

just so you guys get an idea of costs, the SSRs were 1 yen reserve, my mate ended up scoring them for 12,500 yen (US$120 at that day's exchange rate), shipping was US$260 by sea ($65 per rim) and taxes/commission/handling fees were an additional US$75. Everything is worked out in US dollars too which can be a pain.

yeah if someone wants to start a thread about it, or pitch some ideas my way, you're more than welcome to do so.

Just querying something you said, why did you have to check the calibre of the cars on the site before you posted your own?

Ah, was just thinking that with all these people going hard with restorations, stripping down and rebuilding things piece by piece etc, a thread about "sticking some new wheels and springs on it boe" would pale in comparison to theirs :lol: everyone's idea of a project is different I guess.

Guest sexychevette

Love the 30's, theyre awesome. Spesh the four door just how it was when you imported it.

lol at making cars higher!!! WTF!!! hahahaha cant understand that mentality, spesh when it looked so hot when it was low. But fuckn good job keeping the things so mint. Not many left like this aye 8)

also

thanks to some idiot wharfie cunts who decided to take the car for a thrash up and down the ports prior to handing it over to MAF for inspection, they ended up wrecking the original clutch and put holes in both cylinders. The shipping agent who handled all the freight forwarding also reckon the wharfies stole some bits off it as well. Fags.

i was at a party recently and got talkn to a warfie guy. Long story short he pulls out his flash phone and starts showing me vids of him and his buddies swinging O's in a big wherehouse. S15, altezzas, an rx2, evo... made me cry to hear the rx2 being opened up like that when it was still cold and everything. If i import a car im gona sit in it all the way from japan and drive it off the boat myself haha

Yeah wharfies are scummy bastards, one problem being is they turn over staff at a pretty high rate so you often have very little to go back to.

Loving the iron mask, mean old things.

If you mate does end up shipping stuff, I'm k33n to get a TRD LSD for my car :D

Are any parts from teh Optical CAS in the L-series switchable with the FJ? I have an optical dizzy or two here I can look at if you wanted to get some specific pictures and/or part numbers/casting marks of what you're looking to replace.

Hehe, don't worry folks, I'll be un-hiluxing the 4dr eventually. Looks too awkward and rude at its current ride height :oops:

Are any parts from teh Optical CAS in the L-series switchable with the FJ? I have an optical dizzy or two here I can look at if you wanted to get some specific pictures and/or part numbers/casting marks of what you're looking to replace.

The optical senders are the same as far as I know, but the rotary disc (the one on the dizzy shaft with all the grooves cut into it) will be different due to 4cyl vs. 6cyl.

according to one of the guys at Petroject there are two types of CAS that are suitable for the FJ, difference is in the way they bolt/screw to the dizzy housing. I should probably pull the dizzy off the sedan and take it down to my mechanic, but it's in a super cuntofski of a place - srsly, whoever decided to locate it directly under the intake manifold needs to be shot :(