Orions DR30 Wedges

mikuni

• Replies 222
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

there was hardly a thing wrong when u brought them yeh?

Pretty much dude. 'Cept for the fickle shit like the ride heights/spring rates, and the minor repairs needed to the interiors I can't really find any other faults with them. Bodies are virtually rust free, good paint etc, electrics all work and the engines/drivetrains are in good condition. Also helps that I have a good agent in Japanland that knows what to look for when scoping out potential buys.

Just need to find the time to fix up all the small niggly things then I promise I'll stop whinging :lol:

Only 'major' fault so far has been the CAS on the sedan, but from talking to various hamburger enthusiasts on other forums it's a common fault on just about every EGI nissan from the mid 70s onwards :oops:

yer, pretty much :oops: now the kids won't get their black market ritalin

Nah, Customs finally wised up to the fact my mate is shipping a lot of stuff direct from Japan on behalf, so they decided he had to start paying tariffs for the privilege

sux = he won't be able to start up his middleman service now, so no cheap Watanabes for oldschoolers :(

nah every package gets sent from the same address/depot in Japan, easier consolidation of resources etc especially since his purchases arrive from all over the country. They must just keep an eye on whatever comes through addressed to him - in this shipment he had a whole shitload of Cusco Evo parts, swaybars, hubs, bearings, and another set of rims beside my own.

Customs were pwned though, he went down there today with a manifest listing the actual item values etc (in the case of my SSRs, the auction printout) and they basically released everything to him with few/no charges. Turns out they CAN'T charge a tariff on the shipped+purchase price combined, only the latter, and since the purchase prices on most of the items were piddly small, they didn't bother :lol: (legit too, not faked)

so my rims are now safely here :D Need a scrub up, the centres are a bit corroded, and one lip has a small gari scar, but overall they're totally awes.

Fucking forgot they only came with two centre caps though so I need to go on the prowl for another two.

Yer man, had a chat to my mate the other day. There are restrictions on certain parts - things like bodykits, bumpers and any single item bigger than 20kg or 2mx2mx2m can't be shipped to NZ, but flick me a PM of what you need (and links to auctions if you have them) and I'll see what I can do.

as I explained there may be additional charges once the items get here, nothing much we can do about Customs unfortunately.

Should really sit down and work out a decent depositing system that won't make people feel like they're being stung or forced to pay extra/hidden costs

• 2 weeks later...