Orions DR30 Wedges

mikuni

• Replies 222
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

:D

eventually hoping to have at least one of the wedges respectable enough to display at shows and other events etc.

OS Nats would have been a good event to aim for, but too much bullshit happened in the first half of the year (had one of my cars stolen, mainly) that all my deadlines kept slipping further and further into the future :x Next year perhaps.

Would be epic if you could make it along for the os nats aye. I wouldn't worry about not having it 'ready' if thats all you are worried about, half of the cars there will be far from completion I imagine. Its just the participation that matters :D If you just can't afford to make the trip down then thats probably fair enough.

Would be epic if you could make it along for the os nats aye. I wouldn't worry about not having it 'ready' if thats all you are worried about

Could still make it down if I trailered the coupe, and hoped like fuck no cops decided to give me the eye if I decided to cruise round in the convoy on teh saturday. (No WOF, A-rego, wrong plates)

Last time I drove the coupe to Hamilton I almost ended up in the swamp a few times because the car literally couldn't stay on the road :oops: basically it's because of the stupid shitty springs vs. stupid shitty road surface.

I got my other springs all ready to chuck in but what's really holding me back from taking the coupe to the OS Nats is the lack of WOF. Long story short, car can't be WOFed at the current ride height because the rails are only 65mm above the ground. Scored a dodgy last time, but the Arab cunt I went to has disappeared and my regular mechanic won't go near it with a barge pole until I fix the height :(

Also my SSR rims probably won't be here before midway thru July, I want to fit the springs and wheels all at once to save time and cash.

And of course my sedan is dead, no CAS means no engine go. Since its hiluxed on those rubbish Cobras = ftl.

sometimes I view it as a massive fucking comedy of errors, but it ain't all bad really. Just needs TIME

gsduhfsduih

Attempted to swap CAS's this weekend, gave up after 3 hours of cunting around under both cars, swearing my head off etc. Broke my socket set too.

srsly, whoever decided to locate the dizzy directly under the intake manifold needs to be shot :(

FJ20 FTMFL.

on the flip side, might be able to score a transporter and a tow vehicle for teh weekend, so there's a fair chance you'll be seeing me at the OS Nats photoshoot. No cruise for me, don't want to get wanged for no WOF/A-rego.

chuck the coupe springs in and wheels on while ya at it :lol:

Got a plan in mind for the coupe springs, gonna get some copies made with less harsh rebound and kg/mm ratings, current ones = ball touching.

^^ done that many times in the past, but kinda hard/pointless now as WOFs on both cars have expired :(

also dunno how many times I've said it, but the coupe is too dangerous to drive on the open road with the super hard springs of ball touching. Motorway cruising and low speed driving around town is ok, but forget about taking it on our wonderful potholed state highways/B-roads.

Just about everyone who's been for a cane in the coupe has come away complaining about how shithouse the ride quality is.

Mate for every awes photo I take, at least 20 shithouse ones get deleted.

Can imagine what it was like back in the days of film... get a whole roll of 24 developed and only two photos are worth keeping, bin the rest :(