For Questions Regarding WOFs/CERTs/NUMBER PLATEs

si

• Replies 9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

thanks for that.

Will the certifier still be doing an emissions test on it though??

Also who would be the best man to talk to for a cert in Blenheim?? Does someone come up from CHCH or across from Welly. Or should I try twist the arm of the certifier that I was dealing with in Taupo before I moved down here???

Cheers

will do emission test but its not hard to pass- its only an air fuel ratio check and make sure its got the correct sensors etc if its efi

sorry cant recommend anyone, i dont know any of the certifiers in that area, maybe someone else who has dealt with them can throw their 2c in here?

will do emission test but its not hard to pass- its only an air fuel ratio check and make sure its got the correct sensors etc if its efi

sorry cant recommend anyone, i dont know any of the certifiers in that area, maybe someone else who has dealt with them can throw their 2c in here?

in chch you have either Don Hoff on main south rd or Wayne Martin on Waller Tce(off moorhouse ave)

Also who would be the best man to talk to for a cert in Blenheim??

This PDF Document lists all the current LTNZ appointed LVV Certifiers in New Zealand (105K). You will need to select a Certifier who covers your modification category. They are listed to certify vehicles in these categories

http://www.lvvta.org.nz/LVV%20Certifier%20List.pdf

don hoff comes up to blenheim once every 2 weeks or so- depends on bookings. He'll do a group test at the blenheim testing station so you can get your wof there too. This is what i have heard as i have yet to ring him. There is a fella - kendle/wendle bradly from nelson who also comes over. I have heard good and bad things about both of them from many different sources about blenheim. Never know who to listen too but i guess if your car will pass it'll pass? I think kendle is cheaper by 70 bucks. Interesting is that they share the same business card..and i've heard that don gets stroppy if kendle takes his trade- but again this is just what i have heard.

i had a class for a while, although I didnt get pulled up I dont see an issue with it, also, when you go to get your car a wof down the track, the person rechooses what type of vehicle you have. ie take in your car and they can reclass it a motorcycle haha

Be aware, that if you have twelve months rego purchased on A register, then you go to reclassify it to the G register, you'll have to pay the difference. (and if you're a broken arse like me, that will break the bank big time!)

cheers - will revert back to its (on hold) rego if I do that... (perhaps may be my downfall)

yea the LTSA lady did want me to take it to palmy to get re-classed as a AV from Passenger car.....

whilst I is stunned how easy it was I am not 100% satisfied I will get away with it... hence Q's

hey cletus what is the go with braces such as these below:

attachment.php?attachmentid=99083&stc=1&d=1264636201

Are they legal in NZ?

only reason I can think of why not is that they SLIGHTLY impair abbility to get out of the car, but I would say no more than a standard fixed back seat.

Thanks heaps