For Questions Regarding WOFs/CERTs/NUMBER PLATEs

si

So I'm looking at starting the cert process, both repair and mod. I've spoken with a repair cert guy and he quoted $100 to get started. Once I start with this guy am I stuck with him? If he is a douce or kells over etc what can I do? Hypothetical of coarse!

Who is it?

Sounds like that clint fella.

• Replies 9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Local guy from over here on the shore. I'm not questioning his reliability or skills but more just interested in what governing body he would answer too. Ive been burnt too many times on this project so like some idea of costs up front where possible.

So I'm looking at starting the cert process, both repair and mod. I've spoken with a repair cert guy and he quoted $100 to get started. Once I start with this guy am I stuck with him? If he is a douce or kells over etc what can I do? Hypothetical of coarse!

Who is it?

Sounds like that clint fella.

He will get a call soon as well! No questions on his (or his bosses) integrity.

Porsche offers a bolt in full roll cage (with harnesses) as an option on GT2 and GT3 model 911's, I believe being these are factory parts they don't require an msnz authority card to be road legal?

If the cage was bought from Porsche and installed at a later date (say to a 2009 car) would it still be legal without an authority card?

On a semi related note: Do TRD (Toyota Racing Development) parts sold/fitted to a new car by a toyota dealer count as factory option parts? ie: if you optioned your new GT86 with TRD height adjustable coilovers would it need certification?

Porsche offers a bolt in full roll cage (with harnesses) as an option on GT2 and GT3 model 911's, I believe being these are factory parts they don't require an msnz authority card to be road legal?

If the cage was bought from Porsche and installed at a later date (say to a 2009 car) would it still be legal without an authority card?

On a semi related note: Do TRD (Toyota Racing Development) parts sold/fitted to a new car by a toyota dealer count as factory option parts? ie: if you optioned your new GT86 with TRD height adjustable coilovers would it need certification?

No to both of these... As the cert process especially is based on the car itself and what parts were fitted when it was produced from factory... E.g a manual car can't have an auto, a non turbo car can't have a turbo and a car that doesn't have factory installed adjustable suspension can't have adjustable coil over suspension... TRD are still aftermarket parts suppliers... Just factory backed and produced aftermarket parts...

And to clarify in NZ you don't really option TRD parts like that, the car will be produced from factory and then if you decided you wanted to fit TRD adjustable suspension as an option a Toyota Garage in NZ would then fit the parts, technically making it a modified vehicle rather than a factory optioned vehicle...

Actually I'm not all that sure on the Porsche question. That's complicated.

question regarding cages for clint,

been advised a 6 point cage is neccesary to keep my gemini straight due to the v8 etc,

planning on drags as well as cert for roaduse,

was going to get carlos to build it but what are the specifics i should look at,

size tube? plated in at A and B pillar?

subframe to tie in at the B pillar was the plan,

also will i still be able to carry rear seat passengers?

tip forward fixed back seats for entry?