For Questions Regarding WOFs/CERTs/NUMBER PLATEs

si

• Replies 9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Licence testing officer stops the test as soon as you fail, why should the suspension inspection be any different if the law says it becomes clint's job at that point?

Edit, after checking the VIRM I have to concede. Modifications are the last item on the check lists, therefore of lowest priority.

• Like 4

It's not a requirement,  but it can make a cert a lot easier 

As part of a cert, we have to fill out a "safety items form" which is basically a wof checksheet. OR we can supply a wof checksheet, which means we don't have to take responsibility for those items. 

Some certifiers insist on it, some do not. 

There are a couple of advantages with getting a wof check sheet- 

The certifier doesn't have to check the regular wof items (wiper blades , reverse lights, seat belts etc) so can make the list shorter

Exhaust noise is a wof issue not cert, so something which is a bit loud, the certifier can put the responsibility of checking noise back on the wof inspector

If the car is a bit of a shitter, same thing, certifier can just concentrate on mods and not worry about rust repairs etc, as it falls back on the wof inspector 

That said though, I still check to make sure it's safe, even if it has a wof sheet, as I have to road test it, if it has perished brake hoses or knackered ball joints then I'm not going to go hooning down the road and do brake testing in it  

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

i was looking at the rear of my car and its cool tail lights the other night and thought it would look cooler with red number plate lights too. is this legal?

image.jpeg.ab274adb8e7e7373ba5da9ec9775cc5b.jpeg

image.png.a7a51ba5f87d0275c0eb1e8492da1982.png

i assume this means it has to be white. but it does say 'substantially white OR steady OR diffuse, so technically it seems like you would only need one of those aspects?

VIRM should have pretty decent diagrams showing where it's required. I was looking the other day (but too lazy to google it right now) and it showed all sorts of angles and where they were required. Cletus may have actually posted it on a previous page, I have a vague memory of that so could be worth a look.

look up virm mudguard, should have all the info

On 05/12/2022 at 14:58, SOHC said:

I got a wof for my mums car from him, not much brake checking went on, I wrote a letter to Waka transport and used google translate to translate it into maori and sent it to them

That's a bit of a dick move, why are you wasting the time of people just trying to do their job?

• Like 7

2 hours ago, kicker said:

I called the IRD once and asked them how far inland their revenue was, form 2 school holidays were wild.

I have a funny story about a Chinese friend who works for the IRD and people coming with bolt cutters for his fingers