For Questions Regarding WOFs/CERTs/NUMBER PLATEs

si

• Replies 9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

On 12/10/2022 at 15:49, chasinthemirage said:

What's the go with flipped leaves? Just been looking at a post on another forum where a guy reckons you can lower an E series wagon 2" buy taking the spring pack apart and putting the small leaf on the bottom upside down on top of the pack. Seems somewhat dodgy. Is it legal and how shit is the ride quality likely to be?

The ride quality will be shit. It totally fucks the spring rate. Best option is to get them reset, maybe get another leag added to bump the spring rate up as well.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, datlow said:

If a bikes dereg

How do i know if its "lapsed" as seller claims or if its been insurance write off (has some what looks to be superficial damage)

pay for a carjam report. it will give the reason for rego cancelation. about $12.

statutory  write off from insurance means repair cert before anything else.

last one i did was $851 for the cert.

then brake cert.

then compliance.

then minimum 6 months rego with a new plate.

if just lapsed, then its just brake cert and compliance.

and 6 months minimum rego with a new plate.

have done both.

• Like 3

whats the story with cars with headlight shade/cover thing (mostly commodres and falcons i think)

is that legal or do they take off for wof then put them back on and police really dont care?

is there such a thing as no headlight exemption? (like no mud gueard thing)

• 2 weeks later...
On 16/11/2022 at 12:29, locost_bryan said:

What's the story with slotted mags?  Are they legal and safe to use on the road?

https://www.trademe.co.nz/a/motors/car-parts-accessories/wheels-tyres/alloy-wheels/listing/3864466511

1860166303.jpg

@locost_bryan I have a set of 13" in 4x114 stud if that wets your whistle. poo tires but much less $$ and in Auckland

2 hours ago, zep said:

Will it be okay to make this bracket out of aluminium? Caliper mount area is 8mm thick, steering knuckle area is 10mm thick. Holes for mounting caliper are threaded.

WWbracket.png.b37f80b37138b62df0e0745211ce677d.png

WWbracket1.png.ac9e23664f2d1306cde7fb38219a57ad.png

I think it might be a bit thin to do out of aluminum,  steel would be a safer bet unless you could supply some sort of proof that it would be up to the task 

Threads directly into 8mm alloy wouldn't be allowed,  from memory wilwood brake kits (that do have thin aluminum brackets) have steel inserts for threads  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, cletus said:

I think it might be a bit thin to do out of aluminum,  steel would be a safer bet unless you could supply some sort of proof that it would be up to the task 

Threads directly into 8mm alloy wouldn't be allowed,  from memory wilwood brake kits (that do have thin aluminum brackets) have steel inserts for threads  

Thanks. I'll make it out of steel. Could probably size up to 10mm at the caliper side just to be safe, just doesn't leave much room between the bracket at disc (approx 3mm).

On 17/11/2022 at 12:43, zep said:

Will it be okay to make this bracket out of aluminium? Caliper mount area is 8mm thick, steering knuckle area is 10mm thick. Holes for mounting caliper are threaded.

WWbracket.png.b37f80b37138b62df0e0745211ce677d.png

WWbracket1.png.ac9e23664f2d1306cde7fb38219a57ad.png

I'm not sure if you're worried about manufacturing cost, but it may be cheaper to make those from two laser cut pieces of plate that bolt together like Barry does with his MRP caliper brackets then getting them machined from a single piece. You'd want to make sure @cletus is ok with it of course.

Screenshot 2022-11-24 at 10.47.40 AM.png

22 hours ago, GARDRB said:

I'm not sure if you're worried about manufacturing cost, but it may be cheaper to make those from two laser cut pieces of plate that bolt together like Barry does with his MRP caliper brackets then getting them machined from a single piece. You'd want to make sure @cletus is ok with it of course.

Screenshot 2022-11-24 at 10.47.40 AM.png

Yeah, I've thought about this. The hardest part with that is that the back of the rotor is deeper than the front of the hub's caliper mount, so it will always need some kind of dog-legged bit.

• Like 1