KK's Prius Lo-brid

KKtrips

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

On 17/01/2019 at 20:04, Evan said:

Like a tiptronic gearstick whereĀ you'd expect that pulling it back (like in a sequential box) would go up a gear but instead it changes down

My Mazda6 had it the other way round, far more logical.Ā  Mitsi forums had aĀ simple trick to fix it - swap around the micro-switches andĀ the +/- labels.

• Like 1

Re: pogo-ness

You might find that adding a number of extra clicks of stiffness will fix the bouncing. If the springs are stiff then the shock will struggle to control the spring at low levels.Ā 

Iā€™d suggest starting at 1/2 way (8 clicks) in the front and rear and see how it feels. I remember Richyā€™s Torneo was set really firm (also had very stiff springs) and it rode like a dream.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 02/02/2019 at 20:41, cletus said:

Do the spokes rub on the caliper itself, or the pad carrier part?

Spokes rub on the outside of the mount, not the caliper. Also I've checked the studs, there is at least 10 turns. 1.5mm pitch into 5mm spacers will drop that down to 7ish turns.

Alternatively I could space the caliper inboard about 3mm with a thick washer behind each mount bolt but it's not really the right way to do it. *waits for you to tell me its a legit way to fix it*Ā  :-)

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1