Eastcapescapade 2018 November 9-10-11

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

8 hours ago, Chris.QCR said:

Who is kicking around Tauranga mid morning for the day ? We will arrive about 9am and probably have a nap before unloading the bikes and exploring the area before kicking back in Papamoa for the evening

I should be back around lunch time. I live at the base of the kaimais on the edge of the city of your out cruising.

• Like 1

I've crossed off most of the major mechanical jobs on my bike. New seat thanks to @64valiant and new stickers thanks to @Archetype. Got another 130km under my belt over the last couple of days too. Learning something new each time I get out for a ride - mega windy yesterday and raining on the way to work this morning. 

Now I have to throw together a luggage system and pack my gear, spares and tools.

1284278196_2018-11-0418_24_25.jpg.3fc1d52deaf85cc5836b6a34036d4428.jpg

1041333715_2018-11-0412_08_51.jpg.40028802057e750bf2bb69402cd93e40.jpg

1416661660_2018-11-0217_24_26.jpg.d4ba525ff298f83271d4c2d03b5dea10.jpg

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

Pulling the pin on me attending unfortunately. Haven’t had the chance to get any decent kms on the road and turns out a 6ft plus dude on a jog for any more that an hour is horrendously uncomfortable. Really need a bigger bike. Combine with not being in the best position to take time of work etc etc. but hey, there’s always next year!

So if anyone needs a bed there is one sorted for both nights, one is even paid for!

Have a great adventure team, looking forwards to the stories.

• Sad 5

3 minutes ago, Beaver said:

Pulling the pin on me attending unfortunately. Haven’t had the chance to get any decent kms on the road and turns out a 6ft plus dude on a jog for any more that an hour is horrendously uncomfortable. Really need a bigger bike. Combine with not being in the best position to take time of work etc etc. but hey, there’s always next year!

So if anyone needs a bed there is one sorted for both nights, one is even paid for!

Swap the jog for plan b gn. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Beaver said:

@Rookie - get in here.