Urethane, Nolathane?

sr2

mulford plastics sell it.

but without question is is way more expensive to buy it an machine it than it is to just buy nolothane products.

oh, and if you need something that isn't available racelign in mount wellington can take a cast of an old bush (or any mold really)  and make you a urethane replacement . 

turning it is difficult and dangerous if you don't know what your doing.

• Like 2

Thanks for all the info guys, think I'll source some urethane stock and have a little play. I still occasionally still use tool steel on my lathe (showing my age again!) and suspect a similar shaped tip to what I've used on nylon would be a good starting point. Will let you know the results.

Re: 11; I'm not anticipating it being a "difficult and dangerous" exercise. (If you want difficult and dangerous try cutting a twin start thread on a piece of 316 stainless!).

i have ground nolathane, made red dust and when it got hot i think it made red stringy stuff.  It was a bush i got from the wreckers so it might not have been nolathane, pretty sure it was though.

That's pretty much what happens - effective at resizing a bush though.