sacked car ??

Matteybean

Yeah specified lower . I told him wanted it lowest he can so since it was jacked as ..it dropped it 67 mm frim before I got em reset

@flyingbrick exactly . I haven't brought the blocks yet so I'll get eye flipped n worry about blocks after its all put back together .

Cheers all

Spoke to archers takanini he said he could take another inch out of em costing 60 bucks per leaf ... what a pain charging me more money to do what I had orginally asked ...

He said Flippin the eye is also doable . By making up a new main leaf n rolling the eye the opposite way I'd gain another inch out of that .. At 90 bucks each for the top leaf ..

Shit turning into an expensive exercise !

Yep go ahead and do everything you can to lower it and then when you finally put the car back together it will be sittign on the ground. Then you will have to pay more to get it lifted back up.

Seriusly man, wait until you have then thing together and drive it around the block a couple of times and go from there.

• Like 9

i had new leaves made at archers rotorua and although i dont think it was intentional, they settled 2" between wellington and hunterville! loaded with shit mind you. i ended up having to take blocks out and even had to add a leaf to bring it back up haha.

• Like 2

Unless the springs are 1kg/mm there is no way they are going to come down enough, and even then it will be completely shit to drive.

Someone fucked up, either you measured wrong, or they made them wrong, but they aren't right either way.

• Like 4

Yea something is a mess here. Usually the method for most shit is get the leaves reset flat (ie max) and then block it to the ride height. Usually flattened out springs still don't get low enough, but in some cases (as said above) they will settle and all sorts of retarded shit. Just turf them and 4 link it while its apart haha.

• Like 3

Haha sorry tht photo is before they reset em .. it's dropped 67 mm since then !

Hopefully they will settle over time .

Every one talks about weight but 2 rear doors bootlid n glass won't weigh a few hundred kilos n who drives round with a full tank of gas all the time lol . I didn't think much more weight would be added to rear leaf springs

Had my bro jumping in the boot for 10 min n it didn't move it at all either that did anything or not I dunno he weighs 85 kg

This is why I'm like wtf .. sills sit 170 mm off ground after reset leaf

I will just wait till back together go for a skid round the block couple times once all panels back on see how it goes ..

Pretty sure I'll end up flipping eye and getting em reset another inch .. along with blocks will get desired height I thibk .. time will tell

I told graham from an hers takanini go as low as possible as it sits 270 mm off ground in that photo lol I told him flatten em completely along with showing him that photo

I got some reset springs for my 323. wanted them lower than they were by about another inch. they have settled since by about 2 inches and are a little saggy now. am going to chuck another main leave to stiffen it up a touch and then roll some 2 inch blocks.

in summary - get the car together, drive it for a couple hundy kms and then see how it looks. I would say that it'll settle atleast another inch.

• Like 2