Tech Spam thread - because 1/4" BSP gets 5 hand spans to the jiggawatt

Roman

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yea not all coatings are created equal. If you buy expensive wrap Roman it will last.

Hot engine bays are dumb, with the Buick you could cook a roast under the bonnet. Kinda keen on a electric fan that will stay on for 10min after a long drive maybe.

• Like 1

a morrie guy at work who does starlet transplant yuckness to his says he's used a fiat diff of some type before, either is LSD or he was able to get the right bits for it without too much fuss.

Nominal knows him/ may know details.

again, someone else will know better but 411 on the street is suzuki cappuccino LSD brains go into carry housing...?

interdasting. For something smaller than the morry tho. Wont be needed for a good long while, but making shopping lists is nice

I fitted an old vdo tacho to my microsquirt, it works and is accurate when rev's arent changing but it super slow to move so the accuracy is a little worthless. how can I solve this? I thought the thing in tech articles was for tacho's not running at all or really erratically?

Yea not all coatings are created equal. If you buy expensive wrap Roman it will last.

Hot engine bays are dumb, with the Buick you could cook a roast under the bonnet. Kinda keen on a electric fan that will stay on for 10min after a long drive maybe.

Watching the temps go up when we were stuck at those roadworks was a bit concerning . 

Shit i was tired after that drive. shouldve jumped into a L/h vehicle that wasnt the width of a football field before driving that. not used to that at all.

• Like 1

How are you driving it?

I fitted an old vdo tacho to my microsquirt, it works and is accurate when rev's arent changing but it super slow to move so the accuracy is a little worthless. how can I solve this? I thought the thing in tech articles was for tacho's not running at all or really erratically?

Ive never had much success witg the megasquirt tach outputs either lol same thing slow or erratic. It will output a low voltage signal from megasquirt. What coil configuration are you running and how many cylinders. Theres a few ways to drive successful from coil negative at a high voltage level.

its running wasted spark from 4 ls2 coils. 4 cylinder engine

I changed the output from normal speed to half speed and changed the tacho to 2 cyl 4 stroke and it is definitely working better although still seems a little lazy. I'll take it on the road to see if it actually affects real life operation. I wonder if maybe the tacho is an older analogue or something style which can only react so fast 

yeah it revs quick without any load, probably on the road I wont even notice I think

yeah got the motor back in and ran it a bit on axle stands, we are modifying the fuel tank at the moment so there is a proper return in it then I will take it for a drive. I already regret not taking the crank and flywheel to be dowelled tbh as I was so close to having it apart. I'll just have to wait until it does it again now hahaha

also cut bump stops, not sure if I will notice any difference, and I didnt measure anything so something major might smash into body now instead of bumpstops. who knows what will happen

• Like 2