Tech Spam thread - because 1/4" BSP gets 5 hand spans to the jiggawatt

Roman

• Replies 6.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

has a query.
re-mounting tidying up my concrete mixer, current motor 1/4Hp 1425rpm, non-cap.start....... will not run on 1000w continuous invertor
if i replace this motor with 1/2Hp twin cap start....... will the capacitors allow the invertor to run it ?

Recently got this Oleo-mac chainsaw which goes well. Except for spraying out chainbar lube. Stripped it down a bit and found this ugly burnt patch directly under the exhaust. There is a hole approx 5mm diameter under the chrispy shit. 

Question, does high temp JB Weld stick/bond to plastic OK? It seems that it's designed more for sticking to steel.

any one got some recommendations?

Cheers

14 chainsaw.jpg

On 04/08/2023 at 22:24, smokin'joe said:

has a query.
re-mounting tidying up my concrete mixer, current motor 1/4Hp 1425rpm, non-cap.start....... will not run on 1000w continuous invertor
if i replace this motor with 1/2Hp twin cap start....... will the capacitors allow the invertor to run it ?

Soft start might help? My 3600w inverter genny struggles with a concrete mixer.
https://a.aliexpress.com/_mKc4WrM

• Like 1

On 04/08/2023 at 22:24, smokin'joe said:

has a query.

1 hour ago, cubastreet said:

https://a.aliexpress.com/_mKc4WrM

Good point. Is the inverter set to ramp up speed slowly?

17 hours ago, cubastreet said:

16 hours ago, h4nd said:

Good point. Is the inverter set to ramp up speed slowly?

was advised that start-up could be as much as 9X rated power, so may go petrol re-power as long powercords are an arse .

1 hour ago, smokin'joe said:

was advised that start-up could be as much as 9X rated power, so may go petrol re-power as long powercords are an arse .

True, if direct on line starting e.g. 3ph high eff squirrel cage motor. Inverter drive can bring this down to 200 - 300% when slow starting. Pic of motor plate you're having trouble with?

Mazda B2000 with LSD in it, failed WOF on dragging rear wheels/hubs (among other things)

Figured it would be drums dragging or something, but with the brakes completely removed I've got to use a large amount of force to turn either axle, feels like brakes dragging still.

But what's slightly confusing me is if I turn the pinion it's easy enough to turn by hand (left hand even), still a bit more resistance than say the open diff in my Hiace but nothing compared to trying to turn a hub.

Unsure WTF it would be, thought maybe wheel or diff bearing, but my parts ute isn't any looser.

• Confused 1

2AZ-FE with electronic throttle body. Been having issues with the idle jumping all over the show while in drive and foot on the brake(sitting in traffic usually)

Idle bounces around and it stalls out and the motor dies sometimes. Alternator and battery have been replaced so tried the throttle body idle relearn procedure with no change and it still stalls out while trying the relearn procedure. Throttle body is clean no oil sludge on the throttle plate. Airflow meter has been cleaned and fresh air filter.

No engine light coming so it wont throw any codes if I get it plugged into a scan tool?

Got me stumped

If you have a good enough scan tool you should be able to check to see if everything related is in spec. Something g that's adjusted to 120% for example is likely to be sticking for example. 

You might have air leaks and it's trying to adjust on the fly, and then when it's in the next position that airleak doesn't effect it, are the spindles something that wears?