Tech Spam thread - because 1/4" BSP gets 5 hand spans to the jiggawatt

Roman

• Replies 6.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

In the Toyotas where there's an in tank EFI fuel pump vs carb models, the carb fuel tank has significantly fewer baffles / no baffles for whatever reason.

Possibly the same for situation with external pump.

• Like 1

Am going to pull the pick up out abd have a look anyway to see what the internal deal is. Shame I totally forgot when I pulled the tank out that the last thing I did before getting a pink sticker was full the car up. 60l tank is fucken heavy

• Like 2

Has anyone had any experience with doing launch control and rev limiter diy on a carbed car ? see you can buy them at 2-300$$. Surely something can be done with an arduino keen to put a rev limiter on my rally car for when I get a bit too rev happy and avoid any damage when getting airborne. Saw someone on here had done it with a mx5 using ecu inputs ect 

On Sunday I was all keen to run a surge tank etc, then I measured up where it would go and how much fuel line I would need to buy, at about 8 Meters of EFI fuel line I concluded fuck that, am just going to run an inline pump and see what happens, can re-asses later on if I find I'm getting surge while swinging O's

• Like 1

On Sunday I was all keen to run a surge tank etc, then I measured up where it would go and how much fuel line I would need to buy, at about 8 Meters of EFI fuel line I concluded fuck that, am just going to run an inline pump and see what happens, can re-asses later on if I find I'm getting surge while swinging O's

Keep the tank full (ish) and win?

Where's a good place to buy brake pads, near Penrose or West Auckland? 

Went to Race Brakes last time but I think some people said there were cheaper places to get the same thing.

So where else to go? 

Looking for some Ferodo DS2200 or similar for nissan 4 pots.

Sterling only had standard road pads.