de seizing a vw motor in the vehicle

Seedy Al

Hey guys. Just been thinking about my vw bus, and how much of a cunt its gping to be trying to load it on a trailer with a siezed motor. So anyone have any good suggestions on the best way to un sieze it? Wont turn over on the starter motor, so I guess that leaves crash starting as my only real option. What gear would pepple suggest to ise for that? Really not keen to blow my box or a cv. Likely hood of this happening you think?

Thanks in advance. Allan

If I was me I would whip the plugs out, chuck soem oil down the bores, chuck it in top gear and give it a gentle tug (slowly... would make it easier if you hooked onto it with an automatic car for max smoothness) and see if she winds over. if it does, increase the speed a bit to let it get things moving, then pop plugs in, see if it fires up on the key, if not, give it a tow start gently. 

least that way it'll save your driveshafts and trans from any shock loading etc

You reckon it was main bearing seize or nipping up in the bores seize?

CRC/oil/diesel down plugs. Try move with breaker bar.

I'd imagine the boxes would be pretty weak on one of these.

When you going to grab? I'll be major keen to help.

if it nipped up a piston, undo cylinder bolts so they all flop around, wind on to trailer with starter

I dont care about the condition of the motor as a result. It was 150 dollar bettle engine after all.

actually, cut them off with hissing spanner then for max roughcunt spec

• Like 5

Heh so I poured some atf oil down the spark plug holes the best I cpuld. Bit of a cunt on a vw. But yeah. Will let that work its way down. But yeah sorry. Some people seem confused. I can take it out of gear and move it no worries. I just want it running again because getting it on a trailer. Or even more into my new garage. Is not going to be easy with a none runner.

I have an old pajero tow point dynabolted to the floor in my shed for this reason,

you can run a snatch block and cable  under the bus and tow it in with another car.

without knowing where it nipped you're pretty much poking in the dark.

or just put 50psi in the tyres get some chaps to give you a push/insert buick v6