Muffler Tech

Truenotch

Where is good to buy mufflers. I'm proberbly going to get my bends and flanges, collectors resonators  from STA parts. But I dont like the mufflers they stock.  

Any one know of a good place to buy 2.5inch oval packed mufflers. 

I have allways gone to Chase auto components for things like that

• Replies 461
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

i recommend not doing that, their stuff is cheap but its crap.

sweet thanks for the advice.

I worked there in the past and i know that they do their research and provide a good quality product. 

Where else provides a good quality product for a reasonable price?? 

i usually get bends etc from chase. I have a mate who does a lot of work on expensive hot rods who reckons the bends from autobend are slightly better than the chase ones.

the main problem i found with the STA bends( and probably other places that sell the cheaper bends)  the size was inconsistent so if you cut a bend to make a curved pipe, the cut part ended up not the right size because the bend is not formed well. also the ali coating sucks to weld compared to non coated stuff

I had a set of there headers and a cannon on my old Subaru, quality was really decent, sound is subjective but I liked it lol.

That's going back at least 10 years though, so I'm not sure if there still any good.

/Ling

Ok I'll look in to getting bends somewhere other than STA. 

Yeah I'm always keen to build things my self but I know I will buy the parts and they will sit till I find the time and I would have been better using the money to buy the thing to begin with.  

That video from magna flow is very very good.  Confirmed to me that with this car the most that it will make ever even with a 2.8l will be 250hp so the 2.5 will more that flow what I need for the 2.0l and future proof for the next motor.  

Not that anyone here will find it useful

If you want 1" bends coby orders them in from a bloke. He will make them to order if they are out of stock

I needed a 1" 45* about 4 months ago, couldn't find one anywhere, ended up sand bending one.

while im here

i must be getting old, cos i think i could quiet down my minor a little

at the moment is has a "big bore" 1 1/2" stainless pipe, with coby resonator just behind the diff, then about 12 inches of pipe more to a down turned tip (thats what she said)

finally getting around to putting the extractors and twin carbs on for good, so nows a good time.

my thought is to put something back in the factory spot under the passengers seat.

But what?

nother resonator? or can anyone recomend a small chambered type?

Considered a Cooper s muffler? woolf mufflers they had a stack of them gathering dust out back used them on all kinds of things. Not sure what design they are internally but compact and nice and throaty on small engines but not too loud. shift your reso up front cooper muffler out back tame things down a bit but still sound good.

• 1 month later...