DIY Fuel injection thread.

yoeddynz

More VVTI related WTFs.

Today I replaced the VVTI pulley with a brand new one. Now it follows orders perfectly and drops to zero degrees as it should.

So it wasnt a problem with cam offset, and it wasnt a problem with minimum duty cycle on the solenoid.

The problem was some crud stuck inside the old VVTI pulley or something like that.

Soooooo this is interesting news as gaining 12 degrees more cam angle retard should help with top end power.

If it makes more power, it should run a little leaner... Previously it has been +- 13:1 all the way to redline.

Results:

2c22g2q2.nqo.jpg

oxtt1dlz.3n0.jpg

wtf! Mega lean now. Either I've just unlocked a shitload more power (skeptical) or this 12 degrees difference has now made injector timing critical at that sort of RPM range. Or maybe a bit of both.

Interesting results anyway though, look forward to fixing up the fuel tomorrow and then seeing how it goes by comparison. Would be awesome to have unlocked some more doorts for trackday at that rpm.

• Like 2

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

can be setup to use  either afr or lambda in the link software.   external wideband controller has to be configured to send the right signal to link..     the latest link has a built in wideband controller.    

Ran some tests on injector timing this afternoon. So looking for the setting that gives the richest AFR. As that means more of the fuel is actually going into the cylinder and burning properly.

Surprsingly/not surprisingly looks like theres a clear trend there. Only thing I dont understand is why it wants LESS advance as RPM increases? I would have thought because RPM increases and there's less time between events, you'd want to start spraying earlier.

Anyway...

iiymk2f4.bl4.jpg

So looks like ~400 deg BTDC combustion (end of injection), then up to 450, then eventually down to 250 for high rpm. Disregarding the 8025rpm one will just set to 250.

So looking at this graph from the Link documentation:

2sbyiuou.iqx.jpg

It looks at though before 5500rpm it finishes spraying its fuel BEFORE the intake valves open.

Then after 7000rpm it's mainly spraying fuel while valves are already open.

• Like 1

swings and roundabouts ,why dont you get a tuner that can do the whole lot ,like set up the injection right, set the vvti right, tune it right and then set up the 2 stage right, and be done with .i understand that you like to learn what you are doing etc but gee 

Selling an Innovate LC2 if anyone needs/wants one.

As mentioned in thread, I swapped to another wideband controller but still blew up sensors...
The actual fault was turning on the wideband before the engine has started, not the sensor or controller.
So this is now surplus.
$100 comes with the upgrade kit to 4.9 sensor and firmware updated. (No sensor though unless you want one of the ones I blew up...)

//oldschool.co.nz/index.php?/topic/53342-fs-innovate-lc2-wideband-controller-for-bosch-49-100/#entry1724130

Don't learn shit when you pay others to do it.

I always learn that I am mega shit at doing cars, when I try to DIY things.

I also learn that when I pay people to do things, it generally works and it's a lot less taxing on my time.

• Like 1

I need your wisdoms, does anyone think this is good/worth it?

http://www.ecotrons.com/products/400cc_to_800cc_engine_fuel_injection_kit/

Microsquirt looks better and cheaper for a bike application if you can source your own throttle body and injector setup

Been looking at getting rid of the evil BMW motronic ecu on my 650 single and microsquirt looks easy as

I always learn that I am mega shit at doing cars, when I try to DIY things.

I also learn that when I pay people to do things, it generally works and it's a lot less taxing on my time.

I will admit a lot of my DIY is out of necessity as opposed to desire, however as cars are my job I can't outsource purely out of principal. Unless of course it's something properly out of my depth that I CBF dealing with the learning curve (panelwork etc)