DIY Fuel injection thread.

yoeddynz

My car has defi gauges and a Link G4 Storm - been thinking about the possibility of incorporating the oil temp and pressure to work together so that I can do logging and maybe lower rev limit temp dependent.

Ideally the plan would be to piggyback off the Defi sensor wiring and tie it into the ECU inputs. Has anyone done this before? / have any pointers?

I don't really have the ability to easily add more sensors to the motor unfortunately

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Surely your ECU would already have engine temp hooked up, otherwise it would run like crap when it's cold.

So RPM based rev limit will be really easy to setup.

Do you have a cable to the ECU and PClink installed? 

Download a copy of your tune and post it up, I'm sure you'd have a spare input on a G4 if you're running ITB NA motor. It only needs 1 analog input for wideband.

Dunno how CAN works on the G4, whether it uses the cable that your laptop plugs into or two of the wires on ECU. But that could be an idea to get all of those things logged.

Use something like this (just randomly googled analog to can converter, there are probably better things out there)

http://www.techmor.com/analog-to-can-module-ac-1-4/

So you can get 4 or 6 or whatever sensors for only 2 wires.

I think the megasquirt people make a pretty decent CAN converter thingy with lots of inputs.

• 3 weeks later...

If anyone is interested, i have started a project with a Speeduino DIY ECU. I have finished assembling it, have fitted Bluetooth and all loaded and connecting to Tunerstudio. Im really impressed with the capabilities of it so far, and its being almost constantly developed.

http://www.tasteslikepetrol.net/category/speeduino/

I havent got a car to put it in yet, but if i play my cards right the car i want will fit in well here.

• Like 5

• 3 weeks later...

about $150 or so at a guess, with all the components from digikey. i did buy in bulk. Can probably get the components cheaper elsewhere, but digikey is easy.

I also went a bit overkill, adding bluetooth, and a VR conditioner (wanted to cover all my bases). Also keep in mind that for best result you will need to buy registered versions of tuner studio and mega log viewer. Itll work on the free ones, but missing some key features (like auto tune).

• 2 months later...

Ok, I have given up on my stinger and am now looking at a link atom. Where is the best place to buy from or are they all the same/go for the cheapest?

Ok I am scared now - what made you give up on the stinger ?

Also link atom 950ish on tardme no loom

The wire for my Speeduino/SD1 loom arrived today, so i can start the proper planning now. Anyone got any tips that i should know for designing and making the loom?

Itll be wrapped in self amalgamating tape, new weatherproof connectors, and new connectors for sensors/injectors. Will not reuse anything if i can help it. Going to design it similar to how the standard loom runs, with the sensor wires running down each bank with the injectors, depending on which side of the engine they are on.