DIY Fuel injection thread.

yoeddynz

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

11 hours ago, RevDWC said:

Have mine assembled and flashed, with Bluetooth configured, but not on motor yet. That part was easy, went smoothly. Have a look at the FB group, they're a helpful bunch.

Lol, thats exactly where im at, including testing with Ardustim. The forum is a bit slow, but the Slack and FB groups are good.

Anyone on here smart with honda chrome tuning software? I think I have sorted the mod to make the ecu control the fan and set the temps (not a factory output on the 25+ year old ecu I have)

In other news these have got bloody cheap for what you get. Ideal for a solid 4 cylinder setup. 

http://www.nzefi.com/product/link-g4-atom/

I think if you shop around they can be had even cheaper than the price linked.

• Like 1

My speeduino board is looking pretty good on the table.. like a nice shiny red coaster. Certainly large enough for my mug of tea right now. I must order the rest of the parts needed. If I was intending to hang on to my HB wagon I'd have a go at injecting that engine with it. But more costly than building the speeduino is buying another wideband.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, yoeddynz said:

My speeduino board is looking pretty good on the table.. like a nice shiny red coaster. Certainly large enough for my mug of tea right now. I must order the rest of the parts needed. If I was intending to hang on to my HB wagon I'd have a go at injecting that engine with it. But more costly than building the speeduino is buying another wideband.

http://www.14point7.com/products/slc-free

• Like 1

10 hours ago, yoeddynz said:

You should totally sell the speeduino to save it from potential tea spillage, freeing up the funds for wideband purchase

6 minutes ago, kws said:

Have you ordered one before? hopefully its just the christmas break, i've heard nothing since checkout confirmation :(

I purchased the Spartan. I think it was about 4-6 weeks before it was even shipped. No communication, very slow to ship, but the item looks nice and they have good rep for quality. Havent had a chance to even power it on yet.

I'm wanting to do efi on the 202 (in the near future) I've looked at MS but the speeduino stuff seems to be more what I need. I'm thinking semi sequential and waste spark so I'll need 3 ign and 3 injector outputs. Where has everyone got their speeduino stuff from? I seem to be a noob at searching at the moment.

I was going to be lazy and use the carb manifold and drill/get some injector boss welded in and use a throttlebody off something injected so I have a tps/map sensor point

• Like 1

8 hours ago, chris r said:

I'm wanting to do efi on the 202 (in the near future) I've looked at MS but the speeduino stuff seems to be more what I need. I'm thinking semi sequential and waste spark so I'll need 3 ign and 3 injector outputs. Where has everyone got their speeduino stuff from? I seem to be a noob at searching at the moment.

I was going to be lazy and use the carb manifold and drill/get some injector boss welded in and use a throttlebody off something injected so I have a tps/map sensor point

Easiest route would be a TBI (throttle body injection) throttle body off an EA Falcon. It has a built in throttle position sensor, idle stepper motor, fuel regulator, has two huge injectors that were intended for a 3.9 litre engine and has almost the same stud pattern as a 28/36 or 32/36 DCD Webber. Use either an aftermarket manifold or simply an adapter plate (easily sourced). You can hide the whole lot under an HQ Holden or similar if you really want to keep the natives confused.

(The one pictured below was $30 from Pick-a-part).

throttlebody01.jpg

• Like 1