DIY Fuel injection thread.

yoeddynz

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Theoretical question coming here:

If I were to convert my Cb650 motorbike to fuel injection, could the existing slide carbs be used as throttle bodies? And could a micro squirt handle the revs? (12k redline I think)

I'm sure their manual has the info, I'm too lazy. But you can probably adapt some real nice bike throttles off something EFI and do it way easier, I bought a few sets of bike trottles in the past off ebay (US) for a couple hundy each. They came with TPS and injectors mounted in them which if you can find some with the correct spacing (should be easy, you have some leeway with rubber runners etc) makes this a much simpler swap.

CB650 will be CV won't they? If the butterflies are used as the throttle what do you do with the slides?

I'd be tempted to use some efi jobbies as Spence said

looking for an easy cheap way to do ignition for v6 wasted spark -

thinking of the std mazda/ford 6cyl wasted spark coilpack

coilpack.jpg

running one of these as an ignition module its from a mitzi v3000 v6

original-IGNITION-MODULE-j723t-md304018-

three inputs

three coil outputs

tacho

ground

what would the terminal marked "VB" be for

EMS has 4 ignition outputs - i want to run v6 wasted spark off 3 outputs is this the way or are there better options??

For your V6 setup you could try running the whole stock ecu and sensors etc. I reckon that even with short runners and the varis system not in place  it will still  probably be pretty good.

If I do end up making a manifold for you we can try to get the runners as long as possible and then see how far off they are from the factory 'short' runner length. The Mazda ECU will probably adjust fueling to suit.

But I might be wrong...im still learning heaps.

No room for distributor = no can use mazda stock efi so thats out the window

Stinger seems to be setup to play nicely with stock sensors

Can buy the 36-1 wheel pulley off later 626 cheap as

If i cant get the ems stinger to work it will be link atom or ms3

I'm a bit beyond a pnp system now -my old engine loom and ecu and ecu plug went to a better place in maxteds b1600

Have heard odd things about using pnps on things beyond their design

I have whole v6 loom sensors and ecu but the no room for dizzy makes it easier to start from scratch

So anyone run an ems stinger?

Or tried a mitzi v6 3 channel ignitor rather than using 3x single ignitors?

Other option is to use the EDIS System but I don't know if the stinger will play nicely with that

I just used a mitsi gtslow coil unit and ran my ignitors externally from the MS to keep excess heat plus higher currents external (not that it probably matters)

Holy shit those ems units are spendy. You could buy an MS2 and build it.  Its fun, you'll learn heaps and save $500 :-)