• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

super charger?

IMG_20121123_213947.jpg

IMG_20121123_214003.jpg

IMG_20121123_214017.jpg

figured out i could spin the outlet so it faced the pulley like it is in the pics. this will make for easier plumbing. has a super small pulley on it and all keegan reckons i will find is pulleys the same size when it comes to cars so 1:1 drive it is as i now have pulleys.

test burn with new narrower belt to fit my pulleys properly to see if i can get some power down and then time for super charger work. will make decision if i rework drive line to remove V belt after tomorrows test.

my 2c,

I'd try mount it on the intake side of the engine.

Have it hung so that the outlet and inlet were horizontal. Have the discharge port facing the block. Then it can curve up, and into the intake port. and mount the intake curved around to the side of the upright of the frame, and hang the carby there.

The pitfall I see with where you have the charger hung there is that the charge will have to travel so far, that there's a greatly increased opportunity for the fuel droplets to fall out of suspention.

(Thats why I got mine mounted so high that it pokes through the bonnet)

i rolled with your 2c Mr Bart.

IMG_20121125_191127.jpg

had a bit more of a closer look at the super charger today. im presuming these spin anti clockwise normally which from what i can tell makes the outlet the left pipe in the pic above and the inlet the right pipe which seemed a bit weird as all the additional fittings are on the outlet side of the super charger does this sound right?

also after droming yesterday i have decided to rebuild the entire drive line. hence why it is now all off. the V belt is complete fail for this much torque and im going to do some kind of multi rib slippable belt clutch system as this needs to be pretty much a drag bike now.

Is it an SC12? What about just seeing what it does on a 4A-GZE?

004.jpg

The above suggests there is no direction change on the belts, and it runs straight from the crank pulley. Meaning engine goes clockwise, SC goes clockwise (when looking at the front of the pulley).