mark105

• Replies 364
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Shit-oh-dear.........

Don't do it man.

Just calc your ratio's, and gear it for safety. Add more as needed. On my pos blown engine, I don't get anything like what the maths say I should. So you should be fine as. And yes, I was going to mention about your radiator hoses possiblely dialating like my eyes at a new years eve rave. Even my short wee silicone hoses make like a puffer fish on boost. I had to put thin walled tube inside them, with extra hose clamps to keep the in check.

I would have expected a clever fellow like yourself to have bent them up out of tube, and just use shorts for the joins.

yeah its more there if i get to a point where trying to find pulleys the right size goes in to the to hard basket. i was mediumly concerned about using rubber hoses but this was easiest solution and no i dont really have the technology to bend it up out of tube at current. also trying to weld one up out of thin walled tube would be super cunty so rubber tube it is for now. if it fails hugely tube will be looked into.

so close to firing it up tonight everything is done now except when i went to plumb fuel to the carb i found out it had no fuel fitting on it just a hole where one should have been, bugger so off that went with dad to have a fitting turned up. first start video tomorrow maybe.

Do you have some mufflering action? (I'm too lazy to look back through the thread)

You're going to want to hear if there's any death bringing detonations. If it runs meke, you'e not going to be able to help yourself from going for a boost. And with an open pipe, by the time you realise something is amiss you'll have a gastly window in the front of the block.

The intake piping was getting a little balloony but it should hold up and its like my weakest link. If i get too much boost intake pipe goes boom and saves engine, thats a good theory right?

I pulled the plug and it is nice and black so im happy its not leaning out, its blacker than when i checked it before starting up. In fact its maybe a bit rich but this is a good thing. The only problem i have is when i start it, it idles away fine, nice normal idle rpm. Then i rev it and go to let it come back to idle but it sits up at a very fast idle and wont come back down, the boost gauge goes back into vacuum so its not still boosting or anything. So i hit the kill switch and let it slow down a bit and turn the kill switch off and it goes back to normal idle speed. So it is a bit weird but least i can slow it down with the kill switch. Its not like it takes off and keeps on revving and revving it just seems to get stuck at a higher idle.

Any ways it has been decided i need to get it riding now and will test it out with this boost level. And yes Bart i am temporarily going to make a muffler for it as with the super charger the exhaust seems even louder now.