10 5's velobike

mark105

• Replies 364
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

cat love ham?

got mikuni bike carb is about the 32mm variant. has adjustable needle which i think they all have anyways. gonna set at max rich and stick wide band up its bum. then see what happens will be all shhhhhhhhhhhhhh or BOOM one or the other.

I am fizzing so hard about this bike.

Supercharger-ing is the Business!!!!!

Any idea how old your engine is? Newer industrial engines are made an cheap and fast as humanly possible. But if your engine is a bit older, there's a decent chance that it's made a bit more better. Unfortunately, while car engines are over engineered to the days, (Like A series, L series etc) motors such as yours may not be so much so. But being a honda, I'd have some hope that there's a bit more effort put into designing it than what's gone into the likes of turds like the 5hp briggo.

Shit is gonna get real.........

its old as fuck.

Any idea how old your engine is? Newer industrial engines are made an cheap and fast as humanly possible. But if your engine is a bit older, there's a decent chance that it's made a bit more better. Unfortunately, while car engines are over engineered to the days, (Like A series, L series etc) motors such as yours may not be so much so. But being a honda, I'd have some hope that there's a bit more effort put into designing it than what's gone into the likes of turds like the 5hp briggo.

what are u talking about willis. Briggs does make some cheaper engines now to compete with the Chinese but they are still good quality compared to Chinese stuff. Tho the Chinese make some good quality Honda based engines now... better than some of the gay new ohc Honda shit aswel. Top of the line briggs engines are as good or better than anything else. Honda tricks ballbags into thinking their shit is sweet cos they make sweet cars n bikes n outboards etc. Its like buying an i phone for twice the price of some other phone just so you can look flash when you put it on the table next to your latte when you're having a brunch meeting with a bunch of other ballbags iphone owning brand whore morans

yes they do.

BUT, they replace the crank, rod, piston flywheel, and many more bits with non standard items. OOTB, they quickly develop what the guys at the four cycle karting forums refer to as a "window" in the front of the block. There is a near standard class, but make 20hp, they do not.

Straight up though, cast conrods, with no big end bearings. and one of the main bearings just being the cast side cover with no bearings to speak of. They're made in a hurry. Plus the stamped oil dippers break if you spin the engines too hard. That leads to a window pretty quick too. Briggo's simplicity is their charm. Over engineered they're not.

according to wikipedia this engine is about the 1979 vintage. and from this website http://www.ereplacementparts.com/honda-g80-type-v1vin-g8010000091054008-small-engine-parts-c-37657_37658_37986_37782.html it looks like it has needle roller big end and ball raced main bearings. so looks pretty solidly constructed. so hopefully it will hold up to a wee bit of abuse.