10 5's velobike

mark105

"Oil lubricated using a specially formulated supercharger oil available from Toyota - 90 grade synthetic oil is almost identical, or normal oils can be used (the SC14 is quite robust) but don't blame me for damage, I did say they use a specific one."

Regarding the Toyota chargers anyway, should be the same stz as yours

• Replies 364
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

get friendly with someone who has a toyota hookup i got the last lot through a mate who knew the parts manager in wellington it cost me under 40 bux for 3 of the packs of oil i think you get 50ml or something in each but that was like 3 years ago there was a massive markup on it then also

"Aisin

These are miniature GMC variants with 2-lobe straight rotors made in at least 4 sizes. The smaller are the AMR300 (300cc) and AMR500 (500cc). The 1200 and 1420cc capacity, known as SC12 and SC14, are used on Toyota engines. The rotors are fluorine resin coated. The units have their own lubricating oil, 130cc. Stock boost is regulated to about 0.7 bar."

sweet i didnt think of talking to my toyota hook up haha. will see what he can get it for. thats interesting that these are just smaller units of the sc12/14. yeh is just aisin unit though but this is a fuji heavy industries copy i think but exactly the same as AMR300.

What was your drive ratio to the supercharger?

It has occurred to me you are not gonna get a very good boost reading, coz every 2nd revolution the charger is pumping into a closed intake valve. This could also be the cause of that noise as it's gonna be trying to force the valve open.

getting so close to test run. had day of yesturday after gig so spent a few hours on lathe and made all my main drive pulleys. so all i need now is a belt and tensioners and we are away riding. should do exhaust also but the excitement may get the better of me.

also made up new throttle for the carby setup now and high idle has now gone, old throttle cable on it i guess was a bit sticky and holding carb open so mean. pity im going away for the rest of the weekend or droming would have been on.

I Predict so much torque, that you're going to have to increase the gearing to keep the front wheel on the ground/maintain traction!

Get a vid of the 1st run, so I can rub one out while watching the supercharged fury. (The other start up clip wasn't quite long enough)