• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 364
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

so 20+ psi will do this to a radiator pipe haha

IMG_20130220_205118_zps982c0f40.jpg

i think for now i am just going to hory something up out of pvc pipe and paint in matty b. i will in the long run make a sweet one out of alloy and put some fins on it and shit to try get some kind of cooling effect. i also am going to make a duct on the bottom of the bike to direct air up over the super charger and intake piping as it all sits behind the engine and gets quite warm.

how hot would one expect one of these engines to run? i have put a temp probe on the spark plug after a run at it was about 160 deg at the head. im not sure if this is epicly warm or not. i have not put a oil temp sensor in yet but the oil doesnt seem overly warm.

also 87kph on the new lynn drome, yeya. pretty sure stephen was going about the same speeds as me but he doesnt have a speedo so i get bragging rights haha. put it on av gas for last sunday also fuck it goes, find my self hanging on like im riding a bucking bull cause of flat seat and not wanting it to straight up leave me behind.

• Like 1

iduno bowt this engine but aircooled airplane is ok up to around 400 Fahrenheit/200 degree C cht. roughly. depends on engine etc. maybe hava look at what kinda temps they run in American 4 stroke racing karts. edit:cht changes quite quickly so 160 degree after you've run it might be a bit cooler than max temps it was seeing under full load/boost

I used oil transfer hose on the very first fire up of my blown engine. (Granted my hoses are way shorter) It ran for 90 seconds, then backfired like a motherfucker. Then it ran like it had broken cylinders. the rear two cyls were not being fed due to a hole much like what you're sporting there.

IMG_20130228_211945_zps6abc2ed7.jpg

new PVC intake, is awesome cause it cost 15 bux and took 10 mins to make. will see how long this lasts haha.

still using radiator pipe joiners but i have some tin sheet and i am going to wrap them with that and put the hose clamps on should sort out the puffer fishing.

and yes meth is happening. when i have some coin to buy some and a diaphragm pump so i can get the big volumes to the carb.

• Like 3

Why the fuck didn't you make that out of exhaust tube? the meth will probably eat it, that's a dick punch at nats.

I doubt you will need a fuel pump? none of the bike we ran on meth had pumps and I bet some of them used a fuck load more fuel than this. Just make sure your carb can deliver enough fuel through the jets, which is probably unlikely, make it lean and it will go pop or nip up