10 5's velobike

mark105

• Replies 364
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1979 is quite old.The new hondas aint so crash hot. I've heard they're made in the same factory as robins, and a few other motors too.Crank up the boost, wind open the throttle, gnash your teeth, and hold on!

i seen a Tecumseh throw the whole barrel/top half of engine off the block lol
I had a tecumseh lawnmower break the crank right through the crank pin. It was just running away hapily, while I was emptying the catcher. As I walked back, it went CLUNK. And stopped dead. At least they have a forced fed lubrication system. Does you're motor have that TenFizz?

Do you know what the dipper is made from?

Briggo's break the dipper when the revs get up. (Then the rods snap in two) So of the more up market rods have a big end cap with the dipper cast into it.

I don't think it would be that hard to make your own rod. Yardkart guys tell tales of fitting a new rod, and pop ritiring a patch over the hole i the block with some RTV to seal it up.

briggs rods are strong as man. Tecumseh 4 stroke rods are much much less robust but still they are fine if you don't free rev it and your bearings are ok etc. as for the dipper. that shit isn't guna fail until waaay after you've trown a billet rod, flywheel, stiff valve springs and shit at the engine in an attempt to hit super-duper rpm. nothing is guna break on that engine, under load, below 5500-6000rpm. obviously boost might break or melt shit but that's a different issue

bit of plumbing and carburetion while i wait for other stuff to be sorted. just needs a reducer to hook up to engine to be made and its all done. rolling plain old radiator piping for inlet hose. not fully deal but should last long enough. was not keen on super expensive prices that silicone ones seem to be.

IMG_20121203_215313.jpg