10 5's velobike

mark105

• Replies 364
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

havent run it yet with reconned carb, hope to do a test run this weekend. i did see those new carbs yowzer and if this one is still being gay prob will just get one of those in the hope it is bigger and gives me maybe some more top end. need to take it for a burn in daylight.

epicly raping through the rear v belt already. dont know how long it is going to last, might have to design new drive system for the rear. probably just more cam belts 8)

shit that would be intents.

went to the drome saturday. keegan went for a fang.

th_VID_20120616_165655.jpg

but slightly fixed up carb made bike slower. must just love heaps of fuel so going to buy honda gx390 carb as it is off 90cc bigger engine and see what happens. if it ends up to rich ill just inject something in to it to lean it out.

keen for bike gang summit. get to race some people, should prob make my brake work slightly better.

• 4 weeks later...

rookie/dave is a GC drove to back home and got jet drills for sunday droming. but yeh drilled jets out and goes heaps sweeter.

going to revise my drive line, rear v belt does not like 8hp. at 70-80 odd km's can just open throttle and hear engine rev but go no where much faster. so going to go back to chain on rear drive section. problem is i want to clutch it some how but i still want to be able to run start it.

so do i a) ditch my sweet cam gear primary drive and put a multi rib belt on and associated crank her up tensioner or B) devise some kind of suicide operated clutch that i would probably put between the pulleys on the jack shaft?

i like clutch idea but im not sure how to make it work. was thinking of something along the lines of how the albion clutches work, about here i was going to write up a huge description but i though cad would show it better.

idler.jpg

so i would put clutch material between big blue disc (current cam pulley) and the green disc (i would make this) and spring load them together. you would push on blue rod to disengage clutch. assembly blue would be floating on bearings in assembly green. assembly green sits in the 2 red blocks which are pillow block bearings. any one got any better ideas? /want to donate me some bearings??

the way i figure it, they would only be as good as the clutch material you put on it and how big the spring clamping them together is. the surface area would matter but i think the size of my current cam gear should be big enough. be interesting to see how big a reel mower setup is shaft wise.

• 3 months later...