Cheerio's AE86 of omfghax

Roman

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

That's A LOT OF POWER in this car, Probably need lots and lots of chassis strengthening + Full roll cage, otherwise the car would just disintegrate, when you put your foot done.

I recall 2-3 years back When I was looking at an 4agte 86 with 200-220 bhp at wheels, which now owned by 4age addict, it was surely felt fast than sti/evo at any speed. But yet very unstable.

Also you probably need hard suspension setup with slick tyres, still I would be very amazed if the driver could handle this thing around the corners when it's done.

SICK CAR man, Would Love to sit in this thing just to feel the straight line speed, probably too scared for the corners.

What's N2 cars?

Hello and thank you for your question, i will try to answer all of these for you as you have prejudged my car terribly haha

1. car is fully seam welded and has a 8 point cage in it.

2. car has wishbone suspension front and rear. It will be running slicks on track and dot rated semis on the road.

3. The front track is 125mm wider, the rear is 115mm wider and the wheel base is 90mm longer over factory AE86. It WILL handle better and than a FD3S RX7. The 2JZGTE only has 3 spark plugs in the engine bay. Its 1st spark plug is 120mm behind a line drawn through the front spindles so technically this is a MR layout and no longer FR. It will turn into corners with ease in layman terms.

That's A LOT OF POWER in this car, Probably need lots and lots of chassis strengthening + Full roll cage, otherwise the car would just disintegrate, when you put your foot done.

I recall 2-3 years back When I was looking at an 4agte 86 with 200-220 bhp at wheels, which now owned by 4age addict, it was surely felt fast than sti/evo at any speed. But yet very unstable.

Also you probably need hard suspension setup with slick tyres, still I would be very amazed if the driver could handle this thing around the corners when it's done.

SICK CAR man, Would Love to sit in this thing just to feel the straight line speed, probably too scared for the corners.

What's N2 cars?

Hello and thank you for your question, i will try to answer all of these for you as you have prejudged my car terribly haha

1. car is fully seam welded and has a 8 point cage in it.

2. car has wishbone suspension front and rear. It will be running slicks on track and dot rated semis on the road.

3. The front track is 125mm wider, the rear is 115mm wider and the wheel base is 90mm longer over factory AE86. It WILL handle better and than a FD3S RX7. The 2JZGTE only has 3 spark plugs in the engine bay. Its 1st spark plug is 120mm behind a line drawn through the front spindles so technically this is a MR layout and no longer FR. It will turn into corners with ease in layman terms.

Love it man. keep up the Crazy mods.

Questions:

3 spark plugs? How would this work? not only running 3 cylinders right?

also, I agree it is better than FR balance, but Typical MR is not really the same design.

In saying that Your design is exactly the same as the Ferrari 599GTB, or GTO, so Fuck it's well balanced!

3 spark plugs? How would this work? not only running 3 cylinders right?

Facepalm moment there Andy. Re-read and think again - there are 3 spark plugs "in the engine bay" and the rest are behind the firewall. Cheerio was trying to explain just how far back the engine sits.

**Edit: beaten.

How are you going to go about making that wild wide body kit?

I'v got some pics i'll put up in a few days of the construction but basically cut up a wrecked ke70 sedan roof into thin strips and made a skeleton of the guard then molded card board over it cutting and trimming until i was happy with shape. Next fiberglass core mat over top of that, then a jel coat and lots of messy sanding before a quick gloss white coat of 2pack. Then build up wooden boxes and make a female fiber glass mold of the guards which will then become a mold for dry carbon fiber. I'll paint it tan again because i think exposed carbon is wank factor but it will be a thin coat so true enthusiasts will notice it up close. Alot of work i'm estimating about 25 hours a corner but its a labor of love and well worth it.