Keltik's 02 Subaru Wagon

keltik

someone said itb's

if the port entry area is slightly smaller than the itb's,  you are winning. as you can run a taper down to port size.    if you have room, bonnet clearance and front runners.  i would make a short straight inlet to adapt itb's to port. so throttles point straight up.   then run bends off the top of the itb's to get the length

if the itb's are alot bigger than port (not likely)  i would try move them away from the head more.  if can be done without sharp bends.   

• Replies 365
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just a nice simple adpator onto a custom of factory intake manifold, positioning the throttles like this (but runners as long as possible)

1235.jpg

With two separate air boxes, one on each side. And gigantic intakes feeding clean air from either side of the radiator, or under the headlight, into each air box. Preferably all carbon so it still sounds loud as crap.

Look for pictures of the Nissan V8 Supercar engine for the intake pipes. Oh yeah.

Chur for advice everyone!  Going to be a couple weeks before I can do some mocking up with the ITB's so until then ill be getting the front Y pipe remade in the exhaust to sit a bit higher.  Then I can get over my driveway again. 

I think one of my CV's has started clattering away so time to find out which one ive upset.  The LHR inner has been running without grease for 2 years so I think it might be that one. Now at 240,000km and all of the CV's are original.

• 2 weeks later...

hey man. I was doing a google search and came across some thing you posted on some other forum about you tearing apart your old engine. Do you know what the engine internal dimensions on these (Im assuming 30D and 30R are the same) are like compared to ej20 stuff? like the big end sizes, rod lengths etc?? wikipedia says the ej has a larger bore then ez but theres stuff all info anywhere else and Im curious

I might have some information.....Excuse me while i type it out rather shittily

Engine:  EZ30 (BE/BH non AVCS) / EZ30 (BL/BP AVCS)/ EJ20 (BE/BH turbo) / EJ20 (BE/BH non turbo) / EJ25 (BE/BH non turbo)

Bore: 89.2 / 89.2 / 92 / 92 / 99.5

Stroke: 80 / 80 / 75 / 75 / 79

Compression Ratio: 10.7 / 10.7 / 9.0 / 10.0 / 10.0

Wrist Pin Diameter: 22 / 22 / ?? / 23 / 23

Crank Pin Diameter: 52 / 52 / 52 / 52 / 52

Dont know rod length so i went out and measured a piston ive got lying around. Very unscientific measuring came out about 138mm...+-10mm

Hope that helps answer whatever crazy thing youre trying to do

• Like 1

Target degrees of advance for the inlet cams.  I believe the part throttle settings are used for an EGR effect and at full throttle the timing is advanced further to promote scavenging in the midrange.

At higher rpm, the scavenging effect isn't as beneficial as having the intake valves open for longer on the intake stroke.

Yeah that ^   ....or something.

Im no expert.  All I know is its a bit limited since duration is fixed and exhaust timing is fixed.  The only things I can change are lift and advance/overlap on the intake.  Theres probably a bit more tinkering that could be done on this table but dyno time aint cheap!