nothingsfree's beams dx...

nothingsfree

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

if it was a crack, water would come out of that cyl through the quad throttle .may be some thing went down it before you started it up ,quite easy to do ,only takes a small nut of so

just make sure that it hasnt hit any valves or heads will drop ,i would be taking the head off to see properly .if a valve drops the head will cost a lot of money plus the bore will split and might throw a rod

your call

Mmm, that's average… Is that a big ol' score in the bore? What sound does the rattle make? 

I had a few issues with retainers and shims moving around while I had the cams out, which caused a reasonable noise and (luckily) didn't leave it long enough to let the valves drop. 

Yeah we had a good look around in the cylinder with the bore scope, nothing has dropped down there from what we can tell, there are no marks on the piston or the head/valves. The rattle really seems to be coming out of the head, so yeah we are thinking the same think Truenotch, its probably something related to shims/buckets etc, going to have a decent look on Monday night.

on this subject, i have been getting a 2.4 crank made up with rods and forged pistons to go into a 5sfe block crank is 2 grand billet from the states and waiting on rods and forged pistons

just relooking at the bore wonder if 1 of the rings are broken in that cyl

vvti will also make a rattle if the solinoids are on 100 %

on the motec we change the gain only to 95%  to stop them from burning out

just looking at your quad throttle set up .it would be better to have the quads closer to the head and use longer ram tubes

the reason is i can see that breaking from the harmonics even with the silocone runners .also this gives you a chance to use a cold air box over your quads

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...